Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Credit card fraud and hackers
 Redirect from my site to somewhere
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  20:58:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received the following from a customer, whose order would not process:

"I was able to complete all the necessary information
in each screen when I ordered online. I filled out the
final screen, which was the credit card information....
but when I hit continue I was sent to some unknown
unrelated website that had nothing to do with you.
I tried this a couple times and each time I hit continue
to complete my order I was sent to another website.
Any suggestions? Thank you."

I process all card numbers through a terminal here, not a gateway. The card numbers are entered on a secure https:// page, I own the certificate, it is not shared. Seems to me, she has spyware in her computer causing this.

Any thoughts on this, how a hacker might be able to cause this to happen?

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  21:04:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you duplicate the problem? If I were you, I try to at least 2 different computer ordering from your website and see if the problem is the same.

Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  12:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What bothers me more than this particular lady's problem, is the general downward-spiral of the Internet. I've been online with a web site since the days of Mosaic, over 10 years. And it's now clear to most everyone, that it's not "if" your computer will be attacked by virus/spyware/popups/redirects, and not "if" your computer will someday cease working due to some malicious action from somewhere, and not "if" your identity will be stolen - but "when."

Just yesterday, a local news report was about an Internet site selling furniture, and how orders placed were not filled, the guy was ripping people off. Daily, we all see on the news the same kind of negative publicity, led by large corporations whose databases are hacked and thousands of card numbers or sensitive identity info stolen.

As much as everyone on this forum beats his/her head against the monitor when a problem arises until a solution is found, can you imagine what it would be like to be a person with no computer savy at all? It has become a job in itself to protect ones kids from online sleeze, setting security levels, running spyware cleansing programs, updating from Microsoft on a regular basis to keep their swiss-cheese programming from allowing a hacker to destroy or steal info, etc. etc. etc.

All of this really pi**es me off. I swear, I could blacklist every domain in the world, and I would still receive hundreds of spam emails per day.

Oh well, you all know what I'm talking about. Maybe I need to pull the motorcycle out of the garage this afternoon and take a ride on the first nice day we've had in weeks! Good idea. . . I think I'll go do that.

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  14:04:27  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THe trturn url is passed to the cc processor through your gateway asp file. Look there to see if you actually have the correct return url.

Go to Top of Page

Mike
Starting Member

New Zealand
27 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  20:17:31  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds like she is infected with xupiter or one of its variants. a right nasty piece of work it is too. most recent adware detectors will remove it, but if she is infected it will block access to their web sites. When players in my games get infected I usually have to email them a copy of Spybot.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00