Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Another Affiliate COmmission Option
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lazurus
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 19 2005 :  09:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the next release, can you incorporate a new affiliate commission type that is based on customer price difference?

The way it works is that an affiliate will have different pricing on some products and they would use pother1-5 or price2-3 for their pricing. When a customer that comes from an affiliate site orders a product that has a separate price for the affiliate, the commission rate would then be based on the price difference.

For instance, if an item costs $20.00 for a normal customer and for an affiliate it costs $15.00, and a customer comes to the site using an affiliate link and orders the $20.00 product, the affiliate would then get a commission of $5.00. If there isn't a price difference on a product then they get $0.

I had this done for version 4.5 of the shopping cart and then when 5.0 came out, I had to convert it to work with the new shopping cart and now there is 5.5 with 6.0 coming out and it just takes too long to upgrade the new pages, test, retest, and then finally deploy.

Could you include this type of commission in your next version? I could send you the code that you created originally and you could use that if needed, or make it even prettier? Others might be interested in this type of commission as well if the option was available. Thanks,

James

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00