Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 How to put back something deleted?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - May 07 2005 :  13:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I go into the Language table, and say, delete the phrase "no products match" (the automatic response if no search results) then I understand that phrase will not appear. It's gone.

What if a week later, I decide I'd like that phrase back. How would I add it back?

This applies to any phrase deleted in the language table. Once removed, is there some way to figure out how to put it back - or better, where a phrase will end up if added on the language table?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 07 2005 :  17:51:23  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you want to search for where a language setting (or config setting) is used, then your best bet would be to use some decent text search software and do a search for the language code on all your vpasp files. That might sound obvious/patronising, but it's not supposed to be, because most people with a microsoft pc will know that such a search is by default impossible/unreliable on their microsoft pc.

windows/xp text-search has always been (and is still) totally broken, unreliable, and dangerous in what it fails to do, so you'd need to install a properly-working 3rd party text search.

I use Agent Ransack for text searches, and it's absolutely fantastic, and free. Once you start, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! -
http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/download.aspx

See Also:
http://vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2435
http://vp-asp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2432

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  17:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks devshb,

I downloaded "Ransack" last night, hopefully I'll find it as useful as you indicate.

BTW - purchased the image bundle from you folks (also purchased the packing slip add-on awhile ago, easy to install and works perfect). The ability to have a generic "no image" appear instead of the red X is fantastic! As for the rest of the package, I must confess I'm somewhat lost as to what and how to do anything with all the features (got the tmp_productformat.htm replacement to work, it is excellent as well, thanks!). Any chance you guys could put together a tutorial with end-result examples, a bit of spoon-feeding for those of us that need it?

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 11 2005 :  05:04:05  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep; Ransack is very cool indeed; I'm sure you'll be using it all the time!

You're right that there are absolutely tons of permutations of what you can do with the zoomer/multiple-images addon; you can use it for loads of different aspects. We've provided template fields in it for all the various aspects that it can be used for, and explained those in the readme file, but I think you're right that it would make things much clearer if we provided examples in the readme file of what the corresponding output might look like with each option.

ie to add a new section to the bottom of the readme file with examples, things like "I want to use multiple images with thumbnails like this...how do I do it ?" or "I only want to include a text link which shows the zoomed enlarged image and nothing else, like this...how do I do it ?" etc.

I think we'll definitely add that when time allows.

In the meantime, if anyone who's bought the addon wants to do something specific with their multiple images and/or zoom images, just email me with your "I want to....how do I do that?" questions and I'll be happy to explain.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)