Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Categories and Subcategories through Admin - still
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wws
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - April 15 2005 :  11:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have xcategoriessimple set to OFF.

When I try to add or edit a Product within Admin, I select a Category and I also select a SubCategory. When I add or update, the SubCategory I selected is ignored and only the Main Category is enterd for the Product.

Why? Any thoughts on this? I have researched this on this forum and cannot come up with anything that makes sense.

AND, what I REALLY want to do is NOT have any of my Products in a Main Category, I want them ALL to be in SubCategories (just the way the store is setup). But, in Admin, Category is always required.

Thanks.

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - April 16 2005 :  22:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like you are entering it correctly. Every product you enter must have both a category and sub-category entered. The normal way this works is that the product only shows up under the sub-category.

Make sure your top level categories have their Subcategories(aka "hassubcategory") field set to "Yes" so shopdisplaycategories.asp will be used instead of shopdisplayproducts.asp.

Do you have xcategoryproductsonly = "Yes"? (This is the way I prefer it) It may have some affect on the display of the products you are describing...its been too long since I set it on my cart to remember for sure.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00