Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Credit card fraud and hackers
 Credit card fees
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 07 2005 :  21:26:12  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I talked tohttp://www.cardserviceinternational.com/ today.
I found some interesting info that the folks here might not know.

Re Fees -

If you dont swipe a card somewhere you will most likely be charged at least 4% of the sale. These fees are mandated by Visa, Mastercard and the networks they use live novus etc. not from the company who has your merchant account.

ATM or check cards that you run as a credit card are at least 4%

All corporate cards are at least 4%

If the bill to address does not match at least 4%

All forign cards at least 4% (for us in America anyway).

If you send a batch to them and it is more then 24 hours old it is 4%

If you "book" a credit charge and dont convert it to a "ship" within 7 days if is 4%

In addition the network can force the fee to 4% like linksys or what ever they happen to be using.

If you swipe the card on the other hand it is 2.1% (at least mine is)

I didn't know this myself... so maybe others didn't know it either. I hope it helps others.

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - May 06 2005 :  09:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need a new merchant services company. We pay somewhere in the range of 1.5% for our transactions (US Bank)and I can't remeber the last time we swiped a card. As for international orders or shipping anything to an address that's not tied to the card - you do that at your own risk. I won't do either ever again.

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - May 08 2005 :  11:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info and that brought my attention. I checked with Card Services International and they charge about 2.31% and not 4%. It's pretty high but not 4%.

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - May 08 2005 :  21:33:16  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you need to check again because you are not correct. You need to ask them about the specific instances I cited. The rate you state is higher then ours, initially anyway, but then under the circumstances I already listed it is 4%.

Go to Top of Page

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - May 12 2005 :  18:14:20  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting. Will be checking this out today....

Justin

Edited by - justin on May 12 2005 18:28:24
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - May 13 2005 :  07:22:39  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THe 4% fees are not set by your processor, they are set by visa. When ever there is higher risk the demand the processor charge the 4%. They consider any time you dont scan the card as high risk. You need to look at your statements carefully and you will see it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00