Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 update for everyone on the Coop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 27 2005 :  15:26:39  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is all the error says :

"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - April 28 2005 :  21:17:33  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

That sounds like a hosting problem.

Perhaps we might be able to have Jon Madrid of www.madridcom.com take a look at it and offer some suggestions. Would you be opposed to setting him up with ftp access so he can take a look? He has the new code working on our new website doing nothing more than what I mentioned earlier. The guy knows his ASP back and fourth and can offer some suggestions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, off the immediate subject, the digital point network has become so popular that people are now starting to copy it and make what improvements they see fit.

Compare the two and see which one you like better.
http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/?s=2197

http://www.link-vault.com/?ss=1008

Yes, I do get something in return for referring you. I just don't know what it is yet. lol

========================================================
Your Referral Link http://www.link-vault.com/?ss=1008
0 Bonus Vaultage

Feature Level Level 0 (0 referrals)
Features Gained You need at least 1 referral for extra features.

Next Feature Available at 1 referral
=========================================================

But it doesn't tell you what feature is next. LOL... I guess I need someone to sign up with it in order to find out.

Anyway, those that signed up with Digital Point are more than welcome to sign up to this one as well.

Wayne
Gift Baskets - Looking for the famous Coop? Join Here
Go to Top of Page

CHAVOUSA
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - April 30 2005 :  23:46:05  Show Profile  Visit CHAVOUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alexa.com is a very effective way to check popularity of any website. It doesn't take keywords into consideration but it tells the truth about general website traffic and actual page view, and it also reflect the true number of back links. I am not trying to take sides here, just offering additional resources to people who are considering the link exchange coop.

http://www.alexa.com

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 01 2005 :  22:23:46  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Totally Understandable. Do realize that Alexa only reports back on the traffic that hit your website that have the alexa toolbar however. This, most of the time, is link exchangers... not accurate traffic. Also, let them know that the readings they see are not real numbers as far as traffic is concerned. It is a table of where alexa puts your website. It is a scale from 1 - 5,000,000. (Yes, you will see numbers higher than 5 mil but not by much). The higher you are the less popular your website is.

There are also ways to cheat the alexa toolbar as well. Do a Google search for Fake Hits or Alexa Booster Software. It is a tool that someone sells that cheats those rankings by giving you more traffic than what you really have and sending that back to alexa to increase your popularity. This person claims that Google uses the alexa toolbar ranking system in order to rate your websites page rank.

Wayne
Gift Baskets - Looking for the famous Coop? Join Here

Edited by - ProductivePC on May 01 2005 22:37:09
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 07 2005 :  02:56:49  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I take it that is not alright to have Jon set it up or take a look at why it is not working. He may be able to offer advise to you at minimal on setting it up. He has it working on the following site with no problem

temp.worldfamousgiftbaskets.ntwebb.com

Update for everyone. They have now removed the caps from the amount of weight you can get. There is no limit now to the amount of weight you can gain on the network to show your ads.

For those of you wondering if you should sign up or not. Keep this in mind. This is not brand new. This has been out since last year and not 1 website has been banned from the search engines or been penalized for advertising this way.

Wayne
Gift Baskets - Place your link across 5000+ websites for free! Join Here

Edited by - ProductivePC on May 07 2005 03:05:05
Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - May 09 2005 :  06:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's too bad we never got to see if this would work or not on www.drinkingwaterdepot.com.

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - May 09 2005 :  13:09:34  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is supposed to be easy to se up but with the big fay error, I am giving up on it. No I am not going to give them acess to make thier stuff work.. I put the asp file where it is supposed to ne, I made the text file read write and I put the codes where hey said... that should be enough.. if someone else has better luck, let me know and i'll try again.. in the mean time we have more then enough traffic using the old methods as I discussed before.

Go to Top of Page

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - October 22 2005 :  09:03:25  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to bring this old thread up again. I haven't been on these forums for a few months (moved to Japan) so I was just wondering if there are any updates on the coop, and whether it has been affected by any of Google's changes. Thanks!

Justin

------------------------------------------
http://www.mjhealthandbeauty.com.au
Go to Top of Page

goldenheart
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - April 11 2006 :  20:58:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this post about VP-ASP at all? couldn't find the relevance.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00