Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 update for everyone on the Coop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 04 2005 :  14:24:14  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok, i'll tell you what, ill sacrifice one of my .com's - if you sign me up (I tried but I am not sure wht they are looking for) I'll add the links you tell me to and we will post the live stats here to see what happens.

Still gonna duck it?

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - April 04 2005 :  20:26:21  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

okay not a problem.

What are you having problems with?

Here is the information that I need: (Use the contact us form on www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net to send the following information)

Username:
Password:
Email address:
Google API Key:
Website URL:
Keyword Phrase:
Description: (A one or two line description)

Weight in the network is designed around how many pages you have in google api cache, and how much page rank you have. If your website has a pr of 2, it will do okay for a non-competitive keyword phrase. If your website has a pr of 4 or 5, it will do well for competitive keyword phrase as long as it has enough pages. Weight in the network is used to show the ads for your website around the network more often. The more weight you have, the more your ads will be shown.

IE: Our website has 644 pages within Googles API Cache with a PR5. That gives us a base weight of 21,000. This will give you an idea of what to look for when looking at your .com's.

Keyword phrase you want to go after: (Use a keyword phrase that is competitive and highly sought after. I suggest something to the effect of water however if you have another one in mind that you have been having difficulty landing, let me know and I will create an ad with that keyword phrase.)

If you need help setting it up on HTML, ASP, or PHP I can help with that. If it uses the VPASP cart, howard has a way of setting that up as well, if you need help. You are pretty astute with ASP and the cart so I don't think you will need help on that.

Ads need to run on every page that is in the Google API Cache.
Take a look at www.yourgroomsmengifts.com and see an example there...
Bottom of the page... they don't have to look like ours.

Wayne
Gift Baskets - Looking for the famous Coop? Join Here
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 04 2005 :  23:47:51  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Wayne,

I sent you the info.

We can track what happens here
http://66.121.213.146/cgi-bin/baskets/webstat.exe?file=basket.htm

I put up a fresh site with the new www.drinkingwaterdepot.com

All the pages have dynamic titles and descriptions. The stats program (available to all for free) will show us about everything you want to know about who is coming to your site and from where they are coming from. I know it is gonna take a bit to get hits but it should be a true measure for people who want to get a new site up and running.

The object is to see how long it takes to get indexed with a link back number.

If nothing else it is a good experiment.

I did add it to the MSN search engine. (got is scheduled for spidering anyway)

Edited by - apswater on April 05 2005 00:02:07
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - April 05 2005 :  00:38:13  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I received the information. Your account has been set up. A new Google API has been received and placed in the account for you.

The issue here however is the ad network works off of Google PR and the number of pages in the Google API Cache.

That particular website has a 0 PR and 0 Pages in the cache. This would equate to 0 weight within the network. This would mean that the ad for the keyword chosen would not be shown and the ad network will do this website absoultely no good until such time that Google is able to walk this website and give it a proper PR. Sometimes websites getting their first PR takes quite a few months.

If this is the case, we are at a crossroad:

1. We can choose another website that I would recommend, 600 pages or more within the website with a google PR of 4 or better for that keyword phrase. (Mind you it does not have to be the above specs, it will just go a lot faster if it is) The lower the pages and the lower the PR = the lower the weight within the network to show your ads = lower traffic = lower search engine ranking.

OR

2. We can wait for this tool to get a Google PR and have its pages walked.

I will leave that up to you. If you want to utilize this website, we will all wait until the pages are walked and a PR is given which can be months or we can start on website that already has a PR and has pages within the Google API.

Here is a copy of the review I gave this tool in another forum.
If you want more detailed information about how the network works.

===================================================================

Hey Everyone,

Here is a review and rating on one of the tools I posted on the list above. I wanted to give this a couple of months of trial before giving a full detailed report on it.

#34 Digital Point

This tool has been available since last August. We have been using this tool for the last 2 months. Below are our results from using this tool.

Google
Prior to using this tool
Post Google's last update we dropped out of the top 1000 for our primary keyword phrase; [url=http://www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net]Gift Baskets[/url].
We had 121 backlinks found within Google at that time.
We were seeing no traffic at that time from that keyword phrase.

Post using Digital Point
We are now located #7-#21 depending on which Google data center you are sent to. Currently, I see us at #13.

We have 838 total links Total Google Links
Our backlinks jump between 174 - 894.
We have an extreme amount of traffic coming in from that keyword phrase.
Our sales have severely increased because of more targeted traffic coming in through that keyword phrase.

Yahoo
Prior to setting up Digital Point
We were found #60 for our keyword phrase.
We had just over 1000 backlinks.
We were seeing extremely sparse traffic for that keyword phrase.

Post using Digital Point
We are found #10-#20 depending on which day you look or what data center you are looking at.
We have just over 30,000 backlinks
We have an extreme amount of traffic coming in from that keyword phrase.
Our sales have severely increased because of more targeted traffic coming in through that keyword phrase.

MSN
Prior to using the network, MSN was switching over to their search engine. We were not found at all in MSN for that keyword phrase. We also found out that we were using a robots.txt file that prevented MSN from walking our website...

So I don't have any stats for you from prior to DP. However, stats post joining and setting up DP are as follows:

We are number 1 for our keyword phrase: [url=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0&q=gift+baskets]MSN Search[/url]
We have just under 9,000 backlinks.
We are seeing an absorbant amount of traffic coming in through this keyword phrase.
Most of our sales off of this keyword phrase come in through MSN.

We are also seeing tons of traffic from other search engines that use these three as their backbone such as AOL and there must be at least 500 others that I am not going to list right now. However, we see extrmely sparse traffic from those search engines, except AOL... 1 - 5 people a day if that for that keyword phrase.

===============================================

This tool has a downfall. It has a cap on how much weight you can gather depending on your Google PR. Weight is used for posting your text link or banner ad throughout thousands of other websites. The more weight you have the more advertising you receive. Weight is determined by your google page rank, how many pages you currently have on your website, how many pages you are utilizing for the coop and a few other factors.

An example:
Our website has a PR5 for the main page
We have 796 pages indexed by Google.
We have a base weight of just over 25,000.
Our weight would cap out at 54,000.

===============================================

You need not to worry if your website only has 20 pages. DP allows you to gain bonus weight by referring people to them. You gain 10% for whatever their weight is. So if your website has a PR4 and 20 pages, you still have the opportunity to cap out at 32,000. The higher your Google PR the higher the weight cap is.

This is absolutely free to join and pretty easy to set up.

The coop does not allow gambling, pharmaceutical, or adult websites to display any type of ads throughout the network. All ads are reviewed by humans before going live. You can however have one of those types of websites, join the coop, set it up and use that weight bonus for another website within the coop that is allowed to display ads.

There are tons of people in the [url=http://forums.digitalpoint.com]Digtial Point Forums[/url] standying by to help you with any questions you have. All of the people in the forums are extremely nice.

I give this tool a rating of 9/10. If Shawn, the creator, removes the caps as he has been talking about for 5 months now, I will move this tool up to a 10/10 for usefulness when working with SEO.

If you are interested in joining the coop,
You can join two different ways:

1. You can [url=http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/?s=2197]Join the Coop[/url] here which will give us a 10% weight bonus should they remove the caps. ;)

OR

2. You can [url=http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/]Join the Coop[/url] here which gives us no referral bonus.

Both will take you to the same place.

Wayne
[url=http://www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net]Gift Baskets[/url] - Looking for the famous Coop? [url=http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/?s=2197]Join Here[/url]

Edited by - ProductivePC on April 05 2005 00:43:42
Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - April 05 2005 :  09:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying this topic. It started out testy but I think it has evolved into giving us all some good information on how we can get our websites higher in the search engines. I look forward to the results of the experiment.

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - April 05 2005 :  09:35:28  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Thanks To GreatPhoto and Bill. :)
Let me get that percentage down to 74% great photo.
Thank You.

Wayne
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 05 2005 :  12:02:31  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So wayne, are you stating the coop wont even put up your ad if you are not already popular? That doesnt sound right to me. If the link goes out and the search emgines index the page with the ad, then I should get spidered shouldnt I? If not, then by the time I get it spidered I dont really need the coop becasue I will have already grabbed the key words I want. I have to say I rolled on the flow laughing when you suggested I am not listed under the keyword water. There are 280,000,000 pages! Where as Gift Baskets has 13,000,000 or 20X less! You should at least not be so blatant is trying to justify your agruments.. Imean comeone now... 282 million to 13 million... THank for the laugh.

Ok, so you say you signed me up, that code do I need to put in the page footer to get it started? Lets get this experiment off the ground.

fyi... you only have 174 pages linking to you on google
link:worldfamousgiftbaskets.net

You have 9000 on MSN... looks like MSN is a bit faster at indexing then google is.

Edited by - apswater on April 05 2005 12:09:54

Edited by - apswater on April 05 2005 14:32:27
Go to Top of Page

bme
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - April 05 2005 :  14:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of points;

1. The "link:" of google's search is not an accurate count and should not be used to determine actual backlinks.

2. To greatphoto and productivepc; I understand that the coop is an "advertising" program. However, it seems to me that the primary purpose of this program is to get backlinks from other sites, not to advertise on them. If someone from the se's determine this also, then there is the possibility of getting dinged. This is JMHO, although I've seen similar instances in the past. Now, I'm not saying this is going to happen, just that there is the possibility. If I really knew how they all think, I would be a millionaire by now ;)

As far as the adwords program goes, google does not count those ads as backlinks and they do not factor in as such. I say this because I, among others, have tested it. Not the same......

Bill

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - April 05 2005 :  19:59:52  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:
So wayne, are you stating the coop wont even put up your ad if you are not already popular?

I didn't make the rules nor did I write the programming but that is how it is set up. It works off of Google PR, How many pages you have indexed and how many pages are displaying ads.

quote:
That doesnt sound right to me. If the link goes out and the search emgines index the page with the ad, then I should get spidered shouldnt I? If not, then by the time I get it spidered I dont really need the coop becasue I will have already grabbed the key words I want.

You are not guaranteed to pick those keyword phrases up now are you?
You do have to be spidered, have Google PR and PAges indexed within Google. Any questions about it and why it is set up that way should be directed towards Shawn, who did write it. You can find him in the Digital Point Forums.

quote:
I have to say I rolled on the flow laughing when you suggested I am not listed under the keyword water. There are 280,000,000 pages!

It was not mean to be a comparison, it was meant to be a good challenge for the coop. There was downgrading intended by that statement.

quote:
Ok, so you say you signed me up, that code do I need to put in the page footer to get it started? Lets get this experiment off the ground.

Okay, so I am presuming that you are choosing to stay with the website that you have that has a 0PR and 0 pages indexed within the Google API. Threfore you do understand that this will do absoultely nothing for that website until such time that Googles Assigns a PR and indexes those pages so this program can give that website a weight in order to display those ads.

I need to know what types of pages you need to display on?
ASP, PHP, HTM's?

For everyone else to properly keep track, the keyword phrase is water filter. As soon as www.drinkingwaterdepot.com has a Google PR and pages indexed in the Google API Cache, then within a few weeks you should start seeing results for water filter depending on the google PR and how many pages are indexed. If you end up with a low Google PR and very low pages (because 90% of those links go to www.aspwater.com or other websites) then it will take longer than a couple of weeks to see results. That is the only keyword phrase we are going after for this test.

Put Water filter 1 time in the Title, 1 time in the description and sparsely throughout the copy. Do nothing else as far as exchanging links with the term water filter in the anchor text.

quote:
fyi... you only have 174 pages linking to you on google

The backlinks jump between 138 - 900 depending on what Google Datacenter you are looking at. Currently, if I search for them I see 138.

Google Data Centers and World Famous Gift Baskets Back Links.
64.233.161.99 - 894 backlinks
64.233.161.104 - 894 backlinks
66.102.7.99 - 174 backlinks
66.102.7.104 - 174 backlinks
216.239.59.99 - 894 backlinks
216.239.59.104 - 894 backlinks
216.239.37.104 - 158 backlinks
216.239.39.99 - 894 backlinks
216.239.39.104 - 894 backlinks
66.102.11.99 - 894 backlinks
66.102.11.104 - 894 backlinks
216.239.57.99 - 894 backlinks
216.239.57.104 - 894 backlinks
66.102.9.99 - 894 backlinks
66.102.9.104 - 894 backlinks
216.239.53.99 - 174 backlinks
216.239.53.104 - 174 backlinks

To just name a few of the hundreds that are out there.

Wayne

Edited by - ProductivePC on April 05 2005 22:00:39
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - April 05 2005 :  21:53:25  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I sent these to you in e-mail as well.

Here are the instructions:
Anything that doesn't apply, just skip over

For any PHP that you may have on those pages
1. Create a file named ad_network_217.php in the main directory of your site. (See Attached)

2. Create an empty file named ad_network_ads_217.txt in the same directory. The web server user should have write permissions to this file. An easy way to set the permissions would be with the following command: (It is extremely important that the text file have write permissions enabled.)
chmod 666 ad_network_ads_217.txt

3.For a PHP based site, you could add the following php code to your pages (if you have a header/footer you could add it to that one file):
<?php
ini_set ("include_path", ini_get ("include_path") . ':../:../../:../../../:../../../../');
include ('ad_network_217.php');
echo $ad_network;
?>
Note: If your files are in sub-directories, you may need to use the full path to the ad_network_217.php file.
If they are already PHP files, you will not need the opening/closing PHP tags.

4.Once it's setup on your site, request a validation of your site to get your ads into the rotation. If you need any help setting anything up, please visit the forum.
(you can also let me know and I will validate for you)

5.Feel free to change the name of the PHP and TXT file to anything you wish (you can even move it outside of your public HTML folder if you want... just make sure you reference it with a full file path in that case).

==============================================================================================
For any HTML that you may have if you are on a linux server
1. Create a file named passthru.php with the following code: (Change the <DIV align="center" class="style30"> part to fit your .css theme) (See Attached)

2. Change your .htaccess or add one in the root directory to this (save any information from your old .htaccess) (See the .HTACCESS File)
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .htm .html
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} ^(.*).htm [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} ^(.*).html [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) /passthru.php?file=$1
</IfModule>

==============================================================================================
For any HTML that you may if you are on a windows server running IIS or Apache.
If you do not have access to a control panel like hsphere.
1. Have your hosting company set IIS to allow HTM or HTML pages to accept PHP code and use the PHP directions.

If you do have access to a control panel, set you PHP extensions to include HTM and HTML then use the directions in PHP above.

They have just released brand new updates to the files. I am checking if the below is still valid. You used to have to include the following lines in your code wherever you want the ads to go. (They may not be needed anymore):

For PHP
<? echo $ad_network[0]; ?> | <? echo $ad_network[1]; ?> | <? echo $ad_network[2]; ?> | <? echo $ad_network[3]; ?> | <? echo $ad_network[4]; ?>

For ASP
<%=ads(1)%> | <%=ads(2)%> | <%=ads(3)%> | <%=ads(4)%> | <%=ads(4)%>

FOR VPASP Shopping Cart Pages
(For the older version of the ASP code, you used to have to:
(Once I find out whether or not we need the above code, then I will be able to advise whether or not you need to add all of the below or not.)

1. Edit file shop$db.asp. You will see lots of includes near the top
Add your line to those includes
<!-- #include virtual=/ad_network.asp -->

2. Now in the shoppage_trailer.htm (or wherever you wants the adds to appear)
Add the following lines

<%
dim ads
Then
ads = ad_network
ads(0)
ads(1)
%>

I guess the new versions which is what I have attached to the e-mail add a tracking .gif as well. I am not sure what this tracking .gif is for yet however it is there.

Wayne

Edited by - ProductivePC on April 05 2005 21:55:32
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - April 05 2005 :  22:20:32  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Apswater,

You would know this better than I as I don't use them but can Google walk those javascript menus that you have. I was under the impression that they cannot because they are not hyperlinks in the source code and Google ignores .js files.

If that that is the case, then that website you have offered up has 2 pages that Google can reach. 2 pages is not going to get you a hell of a PR nor will it get you any weight with only being able to confirm two pages... that ads are on.

How many pages does that website have that Google can actually walk?

How about offering up www.apswater.com which already has the following?
URL: www.apswater.com
Backlinks: between 4 - 22 depending on the data center.
Total Links in Google:210
Page Rank: 4
Pages in Google API Cache: 108
Last Check: Apr 5, 2005
Keyword Phrase: Water Filter
URL Listed in Google: http://www.apswater.com/page2.html
Rank in Google: 556
All In Anchor for keyword: Not in top 1000
Home page listed in Google: No
Yahoo Links: 273
MSN Links: 375

This way everyone else can see the results a hell of a lot faster. However, the meta refresh would have to go. You would be kicked out of the network if they saw that on there.

Doesn't everyone think that is a little better and a little faster than waiting until a page that has a potential 2 pages to be listed in Google to be ranked....

With the above stats, you should receive around a 10K weight for the network....

Let me know and I will set it up.

Wayne

Edited by - ProductivePC on April 05 2005 22:23:02
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 05 2005 :  23:54:42  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess you dont see the big link to shopdisplaycategories.asp on the top of every page. Nice try but Why would I sacrifice a page we have had up for years with good traffic for the experiment. That site has about 150 pages and all of them are ranked well where we want them. What you are looking for is people with good ranking to join to help your rankings. Why would someone with good ranking need to join in the first place. I think what you are saying is that the coop does not do hardly anything for you. my apswater.com site has the same ranking as you even though you have more link backs. That tells me the links arnt doiong much for you. So we can either start that fresh site I set up just for you or we can agree it just doesnt work. When we switched to VP-ASP we went form 150 pages to over 1500 pages per site. We have 6000 pages on msn ant top placment throughout MSN, so there we can say I got better results then you and I didnt use a coop. On google you are not listed anywhere usefull (I couldnt find you at all) under gift baskets. So even though you have a high link back numbner on google, it is doing nothing for you.

So I tried to get you to show us your stats, but you refused to back you claims. I offered you my website with a good counter to prove it out and you now say it wont work and I should sacrifice a site with good traffic for you.

btw I got drinkingwaterdepot.com listed in google in one day. We all have time to wait for indexing but I dont thing we should have to with your program if it really works.

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - April 06 2005 :  00:55:48  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.drinkingwaterdepot.com

quote:
I guess you dont see the big link to shopdisplaycategories.asp on the top of every page.

You mean the one in the javascript menu that Google cannot walk?

quote:
Nice try but Why would I sacrifice a page we have had up for years with good traffic for the experiment.

You mean the one that you admittingly last time did not care about and are currently using as a redirect to another website?

quote:
my apswater.com site has the same ranking as you even though you have more link backs.

Come on guy. Compare apples to apples... Your website has non-competitive keyword phrases.

quote:
That tells me the links arnt doiong much for you. So we can either start that fresh site I set up just for you or we can agree it just doesnt work.

I sent you the files. Start it up. However what I personally think is this. You are not stupid by any means.... I believe you took a website that you know Google cannot walk... so that there would be 2 pages in the google cache so that when you did get PR there would not be enough weight within the network to do anything for you.

Then when asked to put a real website up that we already see that you are not listed fot that keyword phrase to prove if this works and give each a fair opportunity you then refuse... gee how convenient!

quote:
When we switched to VP-ASP we went form 150 pages to over 1500 pages per site. We have 6000 pages on msn ant top placment throughout MSN, so there we can say I got better results then you and I didnt use a coop.

Again, compare apples to apples. Your best keyword phrases you gave us last time are non-competitive. A baby could land them.

quote:
On google you are not listed anywhere usefull (I couldnt find you at all) under gift baskets. So even though you have a high link back numbner on google, it is doing nothing for you.

Look again, we are there. Depending on what data center you are being redirected to we are between #7 - #21. Use www.mcdar.net and search the different data centers and you too shall see the light, we hope.

What was it before... oh yes, I believe the last thing you said, was it looks like we have had better luck then you in MSN but you have had better luck in Google... that is what you other post said or close to that is it not? We can look back and find out... Now you are all of a sudden changing your story when you find out that we are number 1 in MSN.... gee... you sure do like to change the subject.

Again, 1000 times more competitive then any of the keyword phrases you showed us before.

quote:
So I tried to get you to show us your stats, but you refused to back you claims. I offered you my website with a good counter to prove it out and you now say it wont work and I should sacrifice a site with good traffic for you.

Stats, not going to happen... too much crap to go through in order to get that approved. They won't approve that for some testorone game you want to play.

quote:
btw I got drinkingwaterdepot.com listed in google in one day. We all have time to wait for indexing but I dont thing we should have to with your program if it really works.

I don't mind waiting at all. I am just questioning your methods... I sent you the files... put it up.

I will also send the ones for www.apswater.com should you decide that you want a real website and not one that cannot be walked to participate.

Take a look everyone....

Take a look for ANY internal links that are made search engine friendly to walk. That JavaScript menu at the top more than likely cannot be walked by G in order to get to the rest of the pages. If it can... fantastic. There is only 1 link on that whole page that actually leads internally to 1 page.

Come on... who are you trying to fool.... You know what tipped it off. You were nice in the e-mail you sent. That has been the first time I have ever seen you nice.... so I figured something was up and signed up the website and then started checking.... when requested to sign up one that has PR... you sign up one that has 0PR... hmmmmm

When requested to sign up one that has pages indexed... you sign up one that has no pages indexed.... hmmmmmm

If you are going to knock it and then attempt to try to seem like you are giving it a fair chance then do just that... give it a fair shot... not some BS website that took you a whole hour to put up for show.

Wayne

Edited by - ProductivePC on April 06 2005 01:12:03
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 06 2005 :  08:51:06  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No Wayne, THIS ONE

"Be Guided Using Our Extensive Products Category Trees" which is shopdisplaycategories.asp.

You would have to be blind not to see it. I spider my sites everynight for my search engines. As you said, I aint stupid. Put on the glasses and look again.

Wayne, "get approved" you dont own it? You wont show it becasue you made claims you cant backup. I think these conversations show that. drinkingwaterdepot has at least 1500 pages and it made it in google and now Yahoo so it will get spidered soon.

(http://www.drinkingwaterdepot.com/search.asp?zoom_query=a&zoom_sort=0)

When you go to the home page (or anyother page for that matter) you get a link to shopdisplaycategories and from that page you get every link. All 1500 + pages. I got your set up info. If I can make sense of it, I'll have it up in a day or so.

Am I correct in that you are doing Seach engine opimization for worldfamousgiftbaskets or do you own it? If you are just doing seo then I totally see the motive. You must be being paid a cut or something and you want to use our higher traffic websites to improve your own pocket. Thats my thoughts and I am sticking to them.

so everybody be sure to look for "not one single link" except for the one on every page!

fyi, I have no reason to give you a site that won't work. I can only gain if it works.

Edited by - apswater on April 06 2005 14:06:10
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - April 06 2005 :  21:51:20  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

There may be some of you interested in this.
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=12813

Put the ads up on it so I can get the website validated.
You only need to ad those php and ASP files.

I sent you the files

Results 1 - 1 of 1 for allinurl:www.drinkingwaterdepot.com. (0.11 seconds)

I am glad to see that it has 1500 pages that can get walked though... thank you. We just have to wait to see.... however you have to put the ads up. Those pages that I sent you.... it no longer needs the <%ads%>

It needs the asp page and a reference to it in shop$db.asp
The include file. That should get the ads up.

I cannot validate them without them being up.

Now, that I see that you are not trying to pull a fast one... (not being sarcastic here) You've got some pretty nice stuff on that website. I was checking a some of it out.

(http://www.drinkingwaterdepot.com/search.asp?zoom_query=a&zoom_sort=0)

Well, actually you are correct somewhat. I do have a vested interest in WFGB. lol.... look for only my site... lmao Are you kidding, our weight is capped.... however some of these other people in the network have over 90,000 weight..... with like 50 sites.... yeah right... I am lucky to get our links where they are... lol

I didn't know what files you needed... If you only use ASP throughout everything then you only need the ASP page and a reference to it on the stand alone ASP pages and in the shop$db.asp file.

I sent it in a better format for the APSWater website as well. They are all in directories of whether or not you need HTML, ASP, or PHP... I didn't go all thr way throughout your website to find out if you have different languages for different functions on your website. Instead of assuming that you only use ASP I sent you everything.

Also, in the first ASP file I sent you, open it up and it ask up at the top what type. You want that to say link. I believe right now it says text. Change it to link so you get textlink ads and not banner text ads.

Wayne

Edited by - ProductivePC on April 06 2005 22:03:00
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)