Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding Username table and field
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PhoenixA
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - March 25 2005 :  09:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

I found an asp forum called Toast Forums which has a great feature of being able to sync data from my vpasp database with the forum database so when a customer logs in to the site they will automatically be logged into the forum. What i'm wondering is would it be very hard or complicated for someone like myself of limited asp knowledge to add a table to vpasp's database which would store the customers forum username and add a field to the shop checkout page requesting for the customer to select a username, on the checkout side it would have to check to make sure the username is not already in use which sounds pretty easy to me but would it be a big job? It would probably be best to also have a section as with the newsletter option where the customer would click yes and add a username if they wanted to be included in the forum or no if they didn't? Anyone any idea how big a job this would be??
Thanks

PhoenixA
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - March 25 2005 :  09:18:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a quick follow up question, we currently have customers login by email and password so maybe it would be easiest to use the vpasp existing username field for the forum username?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00