Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Don''t display price if it is zero
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Warren
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - March 10 2005 :  20:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I have a couple of products that I have set the price to zero and then set the price in the features which are required.
Is there a way to not display the price with just these products?
Any help would be appreciated

Warren

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - March 10 2005 :  21:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out Devshb's 2nd and 3rd posts in this topic:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3522

I think they answer your question.

For this to work, you'll actually want to blank the prices you don't want to show up, rather than making them zero. It sounds like Devshb (Simon) has a tool to help do this blanking automatically, but if you only have a few, you could do it by hand.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 11 2005 :  03:57:20  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think greatphoto's notes are all correct (ie I think that our template-fields will do the job, but I can't promise it because features work a bit differently to normal prices/template-fields).

If you want to blank out all product prices where the product price is zero (or null) then yes; our blank-ccy template-fields will allow you to do that.

Our blank-ccy addon allows you to use a new extra template function of BYZ_CCY_AMOUNT_BLANKIFNONEORZERO in place of formatcurrency for any column that you're formatting in any template, and that will blank out the value (and therefore also the label if you want to) if the amount is zero or null. You can apply this to any amount on any template while still continuing to use the standard formatcurrency function on amounts that you always want to show even when zero/null.

ie you can use the blank-out logic for some amounts/templates, and still use the show-as-zero logic for other amounts/templates. By default the show-as-zero logic is still left as default/standard, and the new blank-out-ccy value can then just be added to your templates whereever you want to use it.

It also has corresponding vbscript functions that you can call explicitly from customised asp (ie things that don't use templates) so that you can use the same logic in non-template files too (eg if you've created some kind of showcase page)

For all this, you'd need the minimum of:

1) our extra template fields generic addon:
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=42

2) blank currency template fields:
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=61

I'd say that if it doesn't end up doing what you need then we'd either change it so that it does do what you need or give you a refund; that way you can buy it without having to worry about potential "wasted money".

Often with these things, you might be able to deal with this some other way, but at least if you have those extra fields then you can also use them elsewhere too (eg to blank out tax/shipping/discount amounts/labels in order emails etc). Often people buy these kinds of things and then find they have an unexpected extra use for them which they really like. Also, once you've got the generic extra-template-fields addon you can then buy other template-fields real cheap in a "pick and mix" way.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 11 2005 04:26:25

Edited by - devshb on March 11 2005 04:27:46
Go to Top of Page

Warren
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - March 11 2005 :  07:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice. I just bought the 2 and will check it out.
Warren

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00