Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Want to see something really cool in a cart?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TotallyLost
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 03 2005 :  04:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This really blows my mind. I have seen a few carts like this but I will give one example. Go to:

http://www.gymboree.com/

Then click on any of the categories. Then click on a product photo to make it bigger. Then click on the larger photo to make a larger pop-up. Then click on the "zoom in" in the pop-up window. Isn't that neat! Anyone know how they do it?

Can VPASP be customized to do that?

Edited by - TotallyLost on March 03 2005 04:55:09

Edited by - TotallyLost on March 03 2005 04:56:14

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 03 2005 :  06:21:18  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that is pretty cool.

the vpasp cart would allow you to implement that, although how it's done would depend on exactly how the 3rd-party blow-up software works, and if you're using templates or not, and also if you're using hrefs in the templates or the bulk-standard show-image template field.

something you could do is to use the $ logic in the templates to only show the relevant link if there's a blow-up picture available for the product (if you put a $ as the first character in the line in a template, then all the html in that line will only show-up if the code's value in that line is not null)

if the logic needed is more complex than that, then it can still be done, you'd just need to create some new template fields (or change existing ones) by either changing shopfileio.asp or by using something like our extra-template-fields addon:
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=42

if people on this forum can agree on the best 3rd party blow-up software, and if there's enough interest in it, then we could have a look at how best to implement it into the cart and then sell the relevant extra-bits needed as an addon.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

StevenWWinters
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - March 03 2005 :  06:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon,

Can you post a line of code that shows the $ logic you mention. I've not seen that. Where is it documented?

Thx.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 03 2005 :  07:14:01  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I only found out about it by accident when I wondered why there was a hard-coded ccy symbol in one of the default templates; when I looked into it I saw the relevant logic. I'm not sure if it's documented, but it works and is an integral part of the cart.

here's an example...

<br>My Code is:[ccode]
$<br>My Other 1 value is:[pother1]
$<br>My Other 2 value is:[pother2]

(you can use table/tr/td tags too; any html)

when using it, you need to ensure the $ is the very first character on that line. this'll only work if only one field is on that html line.

eg:
$<br>Other1:[pother1]<br>Other2:[pother2]

won't work properly, but
$<br>Other1:[pother1]
$<br>Other2:[pother2]
will work properly

you can also use this in order emails etc; anything that uses templates.

We also wanted to apply this logic to some specific formatted ccy amount fields (which show as 0.00 instead of null) such as tax amounts and shipping in order-emails. To do that, we had to create a new template field to translate zero formatted ccies to nulls, and then use the $ at the beginning of the template line to exclude the label when the price is zero. To do this, we used 2 of our own addons, and changed some of our ccy values in some of the template from formatcurrency to the new BYZ_CCY_AMOUNT_BLANKIFNONEORZERO. This means that you can continue to use formatcurrency for fields that should still show up when they're zero, while also being able to blank zero ones out for ones that you want blanking out...

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=42
(extra template fields)

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=61
(blank-out zero currencies template field)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on March 03 2005 07:24:42

Edited by - devshb on March 03 2005 07:27:04
Go to Top of Page

shopcomputer
VP-CART New User

USA
57 Posts

Posted - March 03 2005 :  08:00:47  Show Profile  Visit shopcomputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had it custom developed for my client, you can see it here http://www.atlantictime.com/shopexd.asp?id=11349. Click additional views.

Go to Top of Page

atari
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - March 03 2005 :  17:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is not a VPASP customization as much as some custom coding. To have VPASP generate a link for a popup is simple, that's easily done. You just have to find the software, or a devoloper that can write the app you want for the zoom feature.

Go to Top of Page

TotallyLost
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 06 2005 :  03:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the link that shopcomputer uses as an example is what I want. If anyone on this board can help me implement this, I would be pleased to receive your quote. I am using shopexd.asp.

Can anyone tell me what this kind of "blow up" software is called? Can anyone suggest one and perhaps explain what it is you like about it?

So would this mean using a total of three images? One for shopdisplayproducts, one for shopexd, and one for the blow-up software? Should the blow-up one be 72 dpi or something more like 300dpi?

Go to Top of Page

shopcomputer
VP-CART New User

USA
57 Posts

Posted - March 06 2005 :  07:41:03  Show Profile  Visit shopcomputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These softwares are usually known as zoom image software. http://www.yawah.com/ga/imagezoom.html Is a good one however very expensive. We custom developed ours using flash. Simon programmed it for us, so that the zoom image link should only appear for items that have zoom images.

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - March 09 2005 :  15:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

something you could do is to use the $ logic in the templates to only show the relevant link if there's a blow-up picture available for the product (if you put a $ as the first character in the line in a template, then all the html in that line will only show-up if the code's value in that line is not null)

Simon, thanks for sharing this info on the $ logic in the templates! It is very useful! I don't remember seeing it documented, though it should have been....

Go to Top of Page

bme
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - March 11 2005 :  10:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
atari wrote:

this is not a VPASP customization as much as some custom coding. To have VPASP generate a link for a popup is simple, that's easily done. You just have to find the software, or a devoloper that can write the app you want for the zoom feature.

How do you have vpasp generate a link for a popup picture?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

shopcomputer
VP-CART New User

USA
57 Posts

Posted - March 11 2005 :  14:59:33  Show Profile  Visit shopcomputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BigYellowZone, www.bigyellowzone.com will be releasing an add-on for this very soon. Just stand by for their post.

Moishe Grunstein
Tornado Computer Systems, Inc.
www.nysolutions.com

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 12 2005 :  10:06:40  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep; as per shopcomputer's posting, we've now just released this.

see:

http://vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3546

and/or:

If you've already got the BigYellowZone extra-template-fields addon (BYZ033) then you only need the new template-fields/files and image-zoomer (BYZ075) which you can get from here:

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=91
(this shows an example on that page)

If you haven't got the BigYellowZone extra-template-fields addon (BYZ033) yet then you'll need the new template-fields/files (BYZ075) bundled together with our generic extra-template-fields addon, this bundle is BYZ076:
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=92
(this shows an example on that page)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

bme
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - March 12 2005 :  13:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't use templates for my products. For any category, all my products are listed on the same page. Is there a way to have vpasp generate a popup picture from text in the cart? I've done this before using javascript, but haven't tried it with vpasp.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 12 2005 :  17:43:13  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're not using templates, you could still use the image-zooming thing mentioned above:

I'm assuming that you're using shopdisplayproducts.asp to show the products in a single page for a given product, and if you're not using templates then the corresponding code to add the new function-call to would be within shopproductformat.asp, and for that I think you'd do something like this....

change:

Sub ProductFormatFields
Dim FieldCount
Dim i
Fieldcount=ubound(ProdFields)
for i=0 to FieldCount
FormatProductField ProdFields(i)
next
end sub

to:

Sub ProductFormatFields
Dim FieldCount
Dim i
Fieldcount=ubound(ProdFields)
for i=0 to FieldCount
FormatProductField ProdFields(i)
next

' New code below:
Dim tval

' Only use one of the following depending on
' what you want the link to use:
BYZ_IMZ_SHOWZOOMCALL_BUTTON_IMAGE tval,objRS
BYZ_IMZ_SHOWZOOMCALL_BUTTON_TEXT tval,objRS
BYZ_IMZ_SHOWZOOMCALL_TEXT tval,objRS

if (tval<>"" and IsNull(tval)=false) then
Response.Write ProdColumn & ProdColumnFont & tval & ProdColumnEnd
end if
end sub

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on March 12 2005 17:43:49
Go to Top of Page

shopcomputer
VP-CART New User

USA
57 Posts

Posted - March 12 2005 :  19:35:48  Show Profile  Visit shopcomputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I implemented this new addon on my clients site, have a look it is really cool. www.atlantictime.com

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 13 2005 :  11:15:50  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've just made some enhancements to this addon; we've changed it so that you can use any number of additional images (ie there's no limit now), and also made it so that all the corresponding thumbnail files are automatically checked (and used on the side if they exist) too.

This latest version has now been uploaded to our site and is now part of the standard addon:

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=91

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000