Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Random product problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

uksports
Starting Member

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - February 26 2005 :  09:00:31  Show Profile  Visit uksports's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to include the <%DisplayrandomProducts%> statement in my site template rather than just the front page and it works fine on some pages, but on others I get the following error

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'ShopTemplateWrite'

/vpasp6/shoprandomproducts.asp, line 74

Is there a way around this?

Cheers

Chris

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 26 2005 :  10:20:49  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if using random products, you'll need to ensure the following are included in the file-list that it (or its called asps) uses:

<!--#include file="shoprandomproducts.asp"-->
<!--#include file="shopfileio.asp"-->

shopfileio.asp will automatically be included in pages like product-summary/detail pages, whereas shoprandomproducts.asp usually won't be included anywhere explicitly apart from the default.asp page.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

uksports
Starting Member

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - February 28 2005 :  02:29:03  Show Profile  Visit uksports's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simon

I tried doing that, but there is then an issue with shopfileio where the constants at the top are attempted to be redefined once pages outside of the product display pages are called creating another error.

Chris

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 05 2005 :  07:42:58  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we had a similar issue, and we also wanted functions from shopfileio.asp (and it's included files) to be available on all pages and not just from template-driven pages.

to do that, we included shopfileio.asp at the bottom of shop$db.asp, and then did a text search across all the asps and deleted the shopfileio.asp include from all files other than shop$db.asp.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 05 2005 07:46:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000