Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Download after purchase - need your help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

F1ReMaN
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 24 2005 :  13:07:36  Show Profile  Visit F1ReMaN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I need your help with the 'Download after purchase' add on.
I'm trying to use this add on for VP-ASP 3.5, but i have one question, is there any way to generate a new link for the same product for every user?
It's stupid, cause the user can pay for the file, get the link and that's it - he can easily give it to his friends and no one will buy that file ever again.
Am i missing something here?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 24 2005 :  13:30:49  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure about 3.5, but 5+5.5 has a config option for secure-downloads which doesn't give direct links but instead creates a dynamic link which runs a script rather than just linking to the physical file.

when using the secure-download option the user never gets to find out where the file is taken from or what it's real source is called, and it'll only work if they're logged in as the relevant user who's been given access to it, and you can also give it a set number of maximum download attempts allowed per order etc.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 24 2005 13:38:12
Go to Top of Page

F1ReMaN
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 24 2005 :  14:25:30  Show Profile  Visit F1ReMaN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Simon,

Thanks, but i can't find that in 3.5.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 24 2005 :  16:42:17  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
on 5/5.5, it's in the config options (in the payments section), I'm not sure if this is the same in 3.5 or not:

xdownloads

"Yes enables the Secure Download facility" (as opposed to the standard linking I assume which'd be used if this is set to "No", but I might be wrong)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 24 2005 16:43:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000