Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 CSS won''t format asp in include file???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wws
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - February 10 2005 :  15:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have this:

<td><DIV CLASS="navbox"><%NavigateShowCategories()%></DIV></td>

in an seperate include file that is called by shoppage_header. All the rest of the css on the page works and the asp call works, but it won't format per the css. Is there something I don't know about asp, css, and includes?

I had this same css file working in a previous site, but there were no includes involved.

The partial css is as follows:

TD.navbox
font-size: 14px;
font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif;
font-weight: 600;
color: #ffffff;
text-decoration: none;
background: transparent;
padding: 1px;
margin: 2px;
}

Thanks!

atari
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - February 10 2005 :  15:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aiee css is tricky first of all you forgot a bracket:

TD.navbox {
font-size: 14px;
font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif;
font-weight: 600;
color: #ffffff;
text-decoration: none;
background: transparent;
padding: 1px;
margin: 2px;
}

second if your formatting the TD you don't want a div...
<td CLASS="navbox"><%NavigateShowCategories()%></td>

that will work, UNLESS the file that has NavigateShowCategories() in it has it's own inline style. That will overwrite the included common.css or whatnot.

Go to Top of Page

wws
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - February 10 2005 :  16:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, the missing bracket in the code posted above is actually in my file - bad copy and paste job.

I tried taking out the divide tag and putting the class in the TD as atari shows: <td CLASS="navbox"><%NavigateShowCategories()%></td>
still didn't work.

The file that has NavigateShowCategories() in it is shopproductsubs, I'm not aware of any css in it the would affect this.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

wws
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - February 11 2005 :  06:31:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more thing, even if I take the css out of the external style sheet and put it inline on the page like this:

<td><FONT STYLE="font-size: 14px; font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-weight: 600; color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; background: transparent; padding: 1px; margin: 2px;"><%NavigateShowCategories()%></STYLE></td>

it still doesn't work.

Ideas? Guesses? I'm open to pretty much anything right now.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 11 2005 :  07:16:14  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the style is being overwritten by the lower-level stuff that's done in the function itself.

the function uses:

response.write NavCatRow & NavCatColumn
response.write mylink
response.write NavCatColumnend

so you could try adding the style to the NavCatColumn and NavCatColumnEnd values (in shop$colors.asp)

or, it might be that the default <a> style is being used instead of using styles, in which case you could add "class='mystyle'" to the hrefs in that function in shopproductsubs.asp

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 11 2005 07:19:00
Go to Top of Page

wws
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - February 11 2005 :  09:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon,

I had already commented out the below 3 lines as they add a table that I didn't want, so the formatting isn't coming from them:

'response.write NavCatRow & NavCatColumn
'response.write mylink
'response.write NavCatColumnend

I also tried, without luck, adding:

"class='navbox'" to the hrefs in that function in shopproductsubs.asp

No matter where I put "class='mystyle'" in the href, it would not format the link correctly in the output of the page. There is something weird going on there that I can't figure out.

One more thing of note - I now, somehow, have the style formatting the text somewhat, the font family, size and weight are now correct per the style sheet, but it will not change the link color or remove the underscore. They are still underscored and purple (for visted). Where is this coming from???!!! I can't find anywhere that would be overriding this.

This is the ONLY style sheet in use, I deleted the shop.css before this, and there is no other styles embedded on this page.

Thanks again for the help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00