Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 shoperror.asp?msg=An+error+occured+please+restart+
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dragonfly
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - February 09 2005 :  04:42:59  Show Profile  Visit dragonfly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I was first setting up my shop, I got an error page labelled /shop/shoperror.asp?msg=An+error+occured+please+restart+shopping a few times, but I haven't gotten it myself in quite a while. HOWEVER, when I view my stats for the month, I see my customers are getting it an average of 1 out of every 5 pages, or 20% of the time. What gives? I can not figure out what combination of clicks it takes to turn this page up. When I got it in the past, it was if I used the back button out of either viewing the cart or to move from viewing one particular item back to the category page the item came from.

Is there something I'm missing? How can I stop this? It's turnign out to be the exit page for a lot of people, and I can't have that. One poor person got it over 10 times in a row before they finally left. They were on my site less than 15 minutes. If anyone knows what could be causing this, I would love to know.

Thanks so much,
Jenie

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 09 2005 :  05:48:06  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think this generally comes up when the session gets dropped by the server or times out (or if the url switches from "www.site.com" to "site.com" [or vice-versa], which essentially is the same root cause of unfound session)

there are loads of different reasons for sessions dropping. if the session drops inside the timeout time then it's probably due to the server/host running out of memory.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 09 2005 05:49:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000