Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 No customer email after order?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Candleman
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 13 2002 :  17:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been using vpasp for about 2 years now and the product is very nice. I've been having some issues lately and I can't seem to figure out where they are stemming from because not much has changed besides the version upgrades.

My customers and myself are not receiving emails the confirm the orders went through. The only one I get is the one at Authroize.net sends out that payment was confirmed.

Howard... Could you tell me where I can loacate all the information for any emails that should get sent out? I've changed my mail server several times, but no dice...

Thanks in advance.

RegisterGuy
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - January 12 2005 :  17:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started with version 5.5 and I also do not receive emails upon orders.

Any ideas?

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - January 12 2005 :  19:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RegisterGuy-

Have you configured email? Are you just testing the cart locally or have you uploaded it to a server? If you are testing locally, its likely your mail won't work unless you install a local mail server on your LAN. I think its easier to just wait until you upload to a host and configure mail there. At that point, mail should work fine.

Edited by - greatphoto on January 12 2005 19:39:06
Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - January 13 2005 :  18:15:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What kind of payment method do you use?

With Paypal, if the customer do not go back to your store after sending a payment, there will be no email confirmation that is sent to you. If it's something else like Linkpoint you will always get an email receipt/confirmation although it's only 99% accurate. There were incidents wherein the payment went through and it's considered cancelled in my admin section so you still need to review your payment processing.

Go to Top of Page

maduko
VP-CART New User

52 Posts

Posted - January 18 2005 :  07:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

If it's something else like Linkpoint you will always get an email receipt/confirmation although it's only 99% accurate. There were incidents wherein the payment went through and it's considered cancelled in my admin section so you still need to review your payment processing.

We just recently implemented payment through the Linkpoint gateway (through YourPay Connect which appears to be the same thing). Yesterday an order was placed and we received the two e-mails from Linkpoint but nothing from our shopping cart.

This is not a good thing.

The really bad part is the order shows nothing under payment! This is a problem for us since the person that normally processes the orders does not have access to the YourPay transactions.

Go to Top of Page

RegisterGuy
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - January 18 2005 :  10:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Have you configured email?
Yes
I am testing online with a real site, and when I use the contact form I receive emails. I disabled the credit payment, so they can only use the Other Payment Type.

I really have not much changes to the configuration, I tried uploading a clean database and it still does not work. Also the Diagnostic works fine!

Thank you guys for your time!

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - January 19 2005 :  16:41:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

If it's something else like Linkpoint you will always get an email receipt/confirmation although it's only 99% accurate. There were incidents wherein the payment went through and it's considered cancelled in my admin section so you still need to review your payment processing.

We just recently implemented payment through the Linkpoint gateway (through YourPay Connect which appears to be the same thing). Yesterday an order was placed and we received the two e-mails from Linkpoint but nothing from our shopping cart.

This is not a good thing.

Yeah, not a good thing but it happens.

Go to Top of Page

RegisterGuy
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - January 28 2005 :  16:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess no one else has any ideas?

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - January 28 2005 :  21:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I don't know. If you don't get any other response, its probably a good idea to write support directly.

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

On an issue like this, they are likely to be very responsive and may have some good suggestions of things to check.

Go to Top of Page

RegisterGuy
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - February 01 2005 :  12:17:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
On an issue like this, they are likely to be very responsive and may have some good suggestions of things to check.

Well, it does not say it clearly, but the Customer E-mail is not included with the free version!

I will have to make my own!

Go to Top of Page

VP-ASP Support
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - February 01 2005 :  23:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Please work through the directions at the following URL.
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/supportfaq/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3

In 99.9% of cases, following these steps will resolve your problem.

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - February 04 2005 :  07:17:56  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a reply to Madoko, if the customer does not complete the order by returning to the VPASP shopthanks.asp page no email Will be sent out from the cart and the order itself will not be updated as being paid.

The VPASP system needs to know he order has been finished successfully.

You need to ensure that the return link in the gateway is obvious and mentions to complete order etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic