Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Category Mixup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stchavos
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - January 31 2005 :  18:16:00  Show Profile  Visit stchavos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need to reorganize my categories. I have added more and more but cannot seem to put them in the order I want. From top to bottom. Please help.

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - February 01 2005 :  06:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if this is the correct way or not, but the default is alphabetically and I didn't want that. So I used the catextra field in the Categories section to order it how I wanted with 01, 02, etc. I then specified xsortcategories as catextra and it works fine for me.

Jeff

Go to Top of Page

stchavos
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - February 01 2005 :  17:55:29  Show Profile  Visit stchavos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried to do this but nothing seemed to change. I wonder if I missed something.

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - February 01 2005 :  20:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not sure if this is the correct way or not, but the default is alphabetically and I didn't want that. So I used the catextra field in the Categories section to order it how I wanted with 01, 02, etc. I then specified xsortcategories as catextra and it works fine for me.

Yes, this should work well. This is the same thing I did for products as described here.
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2893

I don't know that there is a "right way" but this way does work well.

If you do this, be sure to skip some numbers when you do your numbering to leave gaps for placement of future categories that you add later.

Go to Top of Page

stchavos
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - February 02 2005 :  13:10:32  Show Profile  Visit stchavos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I got it to work after some trial and error.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00