Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Lingerie Store - Implementing "Item shown with"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

talltexan
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - January 20 2005 :  16:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Using VP-ASP 5.5 - I am developing a lingerie store for a client. Some items will be pictured with an optional piece. For example, we have a leather skirt. In the product photo the model is wearing the leather skirt (part no. x001). She is also wearing a leather bustier (part no. x002).

How can I add the comment, "Item shown with Leather Bustier - x002", and link it to the Leather Bustier product page?

Any ideas? Any help will be much appreciated!

Edited by - talltexan on January 20 2005 16:32:27

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 21 2005 :  04:11:26  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's loads of different ways of doing this, here's a few:

1) You can use cross-selling; put the catalogid of the x002 product on the x001 product's crossselling field, and vice-versa. You could then optionally change the cross-selling logic to show cross-sold stuff in a slightly different format (eg to show thumbnails etc)

2) You could add that info into the description or extended description fields as html to show the relevant text/links.

3) You could use some of the "other" product fields to hold the info, and then use those in your product html templates.

The kind of solution you go for would depend on how many other products would have this kind of logic needed, and whether or not there'll be more than one extra product potentially shown for some products, and where abouts you'd want it shown.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

talltexan
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - January 22 2005 :  13:05:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your assistance Simon . I'll use your option 2 as there aren't very many products that need the additional logic. VP-ASP is such a powerful application. I love the fact that it can be adapted to virtually any need that may arise.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man - Jack Handey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00