Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 free shipping configuration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sek
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - January 15 2005 :  03:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello-

i run into an issue abut shipping configuration. Basically, i am offering free GROUND shipping for all orders over $50.

Howerver, I'm still offer express shipping for a fee.

once i set , xfreeshipping = 50, the cart will always ingore the express shipping fee.

another words, if customer orders $100 merchandise and select overnight shipping ( $20 more ), the cart won't change any shipping fee since it's over $50.

how can i acheive this?

thank you in advance for any inputs

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - January 15 2005 :  10:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can probably do this by setting xshippingcalc=pricerange and then set up your shipping table.

Your shipping table would then have at least 2 entries for GROUND shipping and more for EXPRESS shipping.

shipmethod Base Price Shipping cost 1 Shipping cost 2

GROUND 3.85 0 49.99
GROUND 0 50 9999
EXPRESS 20 0 9999

Of course, you can add entries to give more ranges or vary the values. I just did this as an example for you.

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - January 15 2005 :  11:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you edit the shipping table to set up free shipping, make sure you set the Base Price to 0 when you want it to be free. DON'T leave it blank! Leaving it blank also will also appear to give free shipping but can cause failures. For example, in the United States some (or most?) states require sales tax to include the shipping cost. This can be done with a config mode in VP-ASP. However, if the Base Price is blank then the tax will be 0!

By the way, the names of the fields I gave are listed differently in the documentation because the documentation lists the actual field name from the database. This can be confusing. Here's a mapping of the names:
Shipping Cost == smprice
Base Price == shipbasecost
Shipping cost 1 == shipcost1
Shipping cost 2 == shipcost2

For xshippingcalc="pricerange", you use the Base Price...NOT Shipping Cost. This is shown in the documentation, but can easily be confused.

Go to Top of Page

sek
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - January 16 2005 :  06:13:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
greatphoto-

thank you very much. really appreciate your help.
will try your suggestion:-)

Go to Top of Page

sek
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - January 16 2005 :  06:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there,greatphoto

i just tried as you suggest. i have 2 ground shippings.

1. free ground ( for orders over $50 )
2. Regular ground ( for order under $50 )

the problem is , customer with orders under $50 still can select "free ground" and get away with free shipping.

another words, i have to rely on customers to select the appropriate ground shipment, instead of having vp-asp detects the ground shipment based on order amount.

am i missing something? please kindly suggest

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - January 16 2005 :  18:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sek-

You have used two different shipping methods: "free ground" and regular ground." Instead, combine these into one shipping method called "GROUND" or similar as I did in my example. Use the same name multiple times in the shipping methods column with your different price ranges and the corresponding shipping charge.

Hmmm....we might be missing each other on one point. The point of the xshippingcalc=pricerange mode is to make your shipping price be fully based on price ranges. This may be a very different approach to how you are currently calculating "regular ground" since it requires all your shipping charges to be based on order total. I'm now curious how you are calculating "regular ground."

Go to Top of Page

sek
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - January 17 2005 :  00:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi greatphoto

it's my fault. i misunderstand the purpose of pricerange. thank you for the clarification. hopefully, these thread helps others as well.

thank you very much for your time. i am up and running as i need to:-)

regards
sek

Go to Top of Page

aperkins
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - September 26 2005 :  13:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need some help with this very subject.

For the next three months my client wants to offer free USPS ground shipping. However, he wants to keep UPS,FEDEX and International pricing intact.

xshippingcalc="" must stay quantity. I wish I could do price but some items weigh very little but are expensive and others are a little heavier but don't cost as much. So by pricerange is out.

I can't use the blanket xfixedshippingcost=0 becuase that would give every shipping option free.

Is there a way to give free USPS ground shipping for purchases over a certain price while maintaining the other shipping otion payments using xshippingcalc=quantity?

Edited by - aperkins on October 03 2005 13:04:51
Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - October 19 2005 :  22:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

xshippingcalc="" must stay quantity. I wish I could do price but some items weigh very little but are expensive and others are a little heavier but don't cost as much. So by pricerange is out.

Is there a way to give free USPS ground shipping for purchases over a certain price while maintaining the other shipping otion payments using xshippingcalc=quantity?

I think this would require a custom mod to the ASP code. Hmmmm....it might be possible through shipping tables, but I'm not experienced with that.

Edited by - greatphoto on October 19 2005 22:25:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00