Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Product Bulk-Updates with Qty-Discounts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 04 2005 :  14:21:28  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there anyone here who is in this situation?

"
I use bulk-update/import to upload/update my products to vpasp [eg from excel], but I also want to apply/import quantity discounts as part of this process.

I want to add the discounted prices and their corresponding qty-breaks as extra columns in my product data file for each product, and then get the vpasp import process to translate those discounted prices into vpasp qty-discount records using percentages.

And I don't want any of these to be mandatory columns; discounts should be entirely optional and should allow any number of (up to 5) breaks.
"

eg so you have columns in your data file like:

cprice,qtybrk1;qtyprc1;qtybrk2;qtyprc2;qtybrk3;qtyprc3;....

with data like:

$150.00;5;$119.95;10;$109.95;....

and then the import process takes those prices and translates them into percentages and creates the relevant qty-discount records.

if anyone wants this (it took quite a while to do it, so i'm afraid it can't be a freebie!), can you post here and we'll package it up as an addon, as we've got it good-to-go for people who want it (sqlserver/access with windows-servers only at the moment)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on January 04 2005 14:24:31

Edited by - devshb on January 04 2005 14:34:31
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000