Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Bug in product dependencies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tmcleary
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - December 10 2004 :  09:00:54  Show Profile  Visit tmcleary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nifty little bug (using 5.5):

If you set up for product dependencies, when you go to check out it will not let you without having the dependent products in your cart.

It should display a message to you (it actually redirects to shoperror.asp), but to make a long story short the message that is intended to be display has a HTML A tag in it so the customer can quickly jump to that product. The message is generated via ShopDependentMessage in shopdependent.asp

However, I think in their effort to close security issues, shoperror.asp is running the passed message through CleanseMessage in shop$db.asp which is rejecting the message due to the "=" in "HREF=" as well as the "/" in "</a>.

Having said all that, the more logical solution would be to automatically add the dependent product when adding to the cart originally.

Thanks!
-Tom

Edited by - tmcleary on December 10 2004 09:01:33

tmcleary
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - December 10 2004 :  10:16:58  Show Profile  Visit tmcleary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, here's some code that will automatically add the dependent products. Caveat: this seems to work but has not been extensively tested!

This is all in shopaddtocart.asp. First at the top you'll need to add the following include:

<!-- #include file="shopdependent.asp" -->

Then in the sub ProcessNetAdd(), find the three lines that read (starting at line 76 for me-with include added):

CartAddItem prodid, rc
if rc > 0 then
sError=getlang("langErrorNoProduct") & "id=" & prodid
end if

Then right before the "end if" line (after the "sError=..." line) add the following chunk of code:

else
dim deparray, count, i
If getconfig("xproductdependentfield")<>"" then
ShopProductDependent rc
If rc>0 then
count = GetSess("depCount")
deparray = GetSessA("depArray")
for i = 0 to count-1
prodid = depArray(1,i)
CartGetProduct prodid, rc
if rc > 0 then
else
CartAddItem prodid, rc
if rc > 0 then
Exit For
end if
end if
next
end if
end if

Let me know if anyone finds a problem with this...

Enjoy!
-T

Edited by - tmcleary on December 10 2004 10:25:45
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00