Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Custom Cart Layout - Micromanagement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

epseja
VP-CART New User

USA
61 Posts

Posted - December 06 2004 :  20:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok... I've found a dozen posts talking about changing the shop$colors page and to edit the xcartfields in the config to fix the layout of the cart display. I've done all that. But I'm still not satisfied. Right now, I have a display like this (example):

skp001
Skippy
Peanut Butter
Base price $2.99
Features/Options:
Size Large
Type Crunchy

But I want this:

Skippy Peanut Butter
Code: skp001
Price: $2.99
Size: Large
Type: Crunchy

I found the subroutine that controls the building of the cart items, and it's called "CartFormat" on line 224 or so of shopaddtocart.asp. I also found a sub loop in shopproductsubs.asp called "GetNameInCart" that seems to handle the population of the fields in the cart array. The only problem I'm running into at this point is that there is nary an HTML tag to be found where I can start tweaking. Anyone have any innovative solutions?

-Eric

albertramsbottom3
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - November 29 2006 :  08:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need the same info. Bascally how does one edit the cart? All i need is to make it slightly thinner and change the css for the cartheader backgrounds

Thanks and bump
Go to Top of Page

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - November 29 2006 :  11:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you really want a lot of the answers to the questions you've been asking, you should save yourself a lot of time and frustration and go to www.hkprog.com and order the Guide to VP-ASP. Howard is one of the original VP-ASPers and knows this product inside out and backwards. He tells of many little secrets in his books that make you go WOW I didn't know how flexiable this cart really was. He also shows you where most of the the little things are found and how to change them.

It may not answer all of your questions, but it is worth every penny! Do a search on this forum and look for other opinions.

HTH
Doug

PS. I have no affiliation with the Guide or Howard. I just really think that his guides are fantastic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00