Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Problem Using Content Templates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - November 26 2004 :  15:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to add links from one content page to other content pages. I want an entire series of content pages to use the same links. I initially tried using a server side include in the description, but it did not work. I then set up a template (contentrel), and when viewing the template table, the links appear. I went to the content page, and added contentrel to the template line. However, the content page does not seem to add the template. What am I missing?

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.

Edited by - Lori Titus on November 26 2004 15:42:06

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - November 27 2004 :  09:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I know.. the content page is not working very well for me. I don't know.. like I have 4 successful content page in use but when i created my fifth content page that has exactly the same attributes how the previous ones were done, they do not appear. It says, "record not found". I have all the links and page created. I'm not sure what's causing this but Im still in the process of looking at it.

Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - November 29 2004 :  16:39:14  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Support had the answer to this one: When you are adding the content under admin, and you are using a template that you created, the template field needs to be filled out as "db=yourtemplatename" (without the quotation marks). Otherwise, it looks for a file name. I would never have figured this out on my own. Thanks, support!

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - November 30 2004 :  20:36:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Support had the answer to this one: When you are adding the content under admin, and you are using a template that you created, the template field needs to be filled out as "db=yourtemplatename" (without the quotation marks). Otherwise, it looks for a file name.

Nope, this did not resolved my problem. Like I said, I had 4 successful content links. I just replicate what I did with the 5th one but it says "record not found".

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - November 30 2004 :  20:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Support had the answer to this one: When you are adding the content under admin, and you are using a template that you created, the template field needs to be filled out as "db=yourtemplatename" (without the quotation marks). Otherwise, it looks for a file name.

Nope, this did not resolved my problem. Like I said, I had 4 successful content links. I just replicate what I did with the 5th one but it says "record not found".

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - November 30 2004 :  20:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Nope, this did not resolved my problem. Like I said, I had 4 successful content links. I just replicate what I did with the 5th one but it says "record not found". Can you please explain more? I don't understand how come that my 4 other content page works and the 5th one did not. The setup though is very similar. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - December 05 2004 :  10:14:33  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had to use db=yourfilename.htm. Did not know I needed the extension.

I uploaded the content file to a new server, and had the same problems you are describing with "file not found". Look at the "hide" column in the content database -- this needs to be set 0 (zero), not null.

I also found that if I set the alignment on the table to "right" and not "center", the template file was not called. Not certain why, but it was an easy fix once I figured it out.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00