Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 ShopCoupon.asp Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jgchristopher
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - November 23 2004 :  21:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have run into a problem that I'm hoping someone can assist with. It seems that when I use a coupon for an order I get an error after selecting payment type. The error is a database error (Access) which shows an error at line 113 in shopcoupon.asp. This is the error
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e7d'

The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.

/shopping/shopcoupon.asp, line 113
This is when the coupin database is opened to update the date and number fields. I have tried a variety of thngs which don't work. Commenting out the entire set of lines until the database is closed again works OK. I don't have any other permission problems that I'm aware of yet but we are not yet in production. Everything works fine if I don;t use a coupon. Anyone know anything?

CHAVOUSA
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - November 24 2004 :  00:31:32  Show Profile  Visit CHAVOUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It sound like your permissions on your database file or your database folder are for read only. I have had this problem before. Whenever I published my udpated database with FrontPage, it would remove the read/write priveleges. Then I would have to ask my hosting company to change the rights again. The problem stopped after I started using CuteFPT to publish the database.

You may also try using the database test file and see if you are in fact missing the write right on the database.

Support offers some ideas at http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_databasesetup.htm

Hope any of that helps. I know how frustrating it can get.

Luis
www.regaloz.net

Go to Top of Page

jgchristopher
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - November 24 2004 :  11:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks I appreciate your feedback.

The database I am working with is local with the proper permissions. I have performed the permissions test and there are no problems. I can write and update any other table within the program. I can create a new coupon with no problem. I think there's a coding issue. I have commented the code out because its not that important to update those fields but I would like to have someone look at it. Give it a try if you're not using coupons.

Any feedback from anyone else. Check the code out starting in line 113 until the file close.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 24 2004 :  12:03:46  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please see the following for diagnosing the error

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/supportfaq/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=102

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

eabrams
VP-CART New User

USA
72 Posts

Posted - November 25 2004 :  06:49:27  Show Profile  Visit eabrams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have a customized shipping routine? Have you modified code in the coupon ASP page?

http://www.spws.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00