Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Remove Gift Certificate # from Customer Receipt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - September 30 2004 :  21:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I need your help, please!!!!

When a customer purchase a gift certificate, the buyer gets an email instantly along with Gift Certificate number, which is bad for a money order transaction!

How can I edit the mail template that gets sent to the Buyer (NOT to the receiver) to remove the Gift Certificate number field?

xautogiftenable is already set to NO.

Thanks!

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - September 30 2004 :  21:43:27  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Keng,

Try removing the following line from the tmp_gift.txt template (which is sent when a gift certificate is ordered):

Gift Number: [GiftNumber]

Just take that out and you should be set.

Doing that will make it so the certificate number won't be shown in the e-mail that's automatically sent. If you do that though, I'm assuming you will have some other method for letting them know their certificate number?...

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - September 30 2004 :  21:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jon,

Thanks so much for the response but I already did that for the recipient. TMP_gift goes to the recipient. The buyer still uses the normal customer receipt template. Removing "Gift Number: [GiftNumber]" from tmp_gift will only remove the Gift Certificate number from the Recipient's email. However, the buyer gets a typical receipt showing that they purchased a gift certificate and below is the number of the Gcert... which is a bummer?! Remember, I have Money Order payment as an option.... it needs to be cleared before sending the number unless you/somebody have a better solution.

What do I do ?

Edited by - keng on September 30 2004 21:52:04

Edited by - keng on September 30 2004 21:52:40
Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - October 01 2004 :  02:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ignore this post. I did not realize that Gift Certificate is deactivated by default if xautoenable is set to No. I learned that showing the Gift Cert number is actually useless anyways. My bad!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00