Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Credit card fraud and hackers
 Storing credit card info in customers table
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jack Murphy
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - August 25 2004 :  15:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This site's been up a couple of weeks, and I noticed that 2 customers out of maybe 50 total had their credit card number stored in the customers table in the database.

We've made a point of XXXX'ing out the credit card number in the orders page as soon as we can, we don't want to store that info online.

How did that info get into the customers table? We're using sslshopcheckout.asp. I don't see anyplace where the customer is being prompted if they want to store their card info online. Previously, but I'm not sure if it was the same time as the info got there, we'd been using shopcheckout.asp. Maybe that page prompted them?

I don't see any documentation on this, either. We're not amazon.com, I don't want to keep that info around at all online. Printed and in a locked drawer, yes, in an access database online, no.

Jack Murphy
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - September 03 2004 :  09:43:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, my error.
We are using a separate donation form to write to the VP-ASP database, and in there I wrote the credit card info to both the customer table as well as the orders table. A couple of ' fixed the problem ;->

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00