Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Not Calculating Taxes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lewis2
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - August 15 2004 :  08:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me what i need to do in order for my cart to calculate taxes. obviously i am doing something wrong. i have looked in the free add-ons section, but i only see tax info for canada and other places, i only want to calculate taxes for the us by state because florida has a 7% tax rate and all other states have 5%, can anyone tell me what to do.

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - August 15 2004 :  13:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See section 28 of the VPASP developer guide, which can be found here: http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp500developer.pdf (page 93).

Tax by state in the US is built into VPASP. You don't need an addon to do this.

You'll want to change xtaxstatename and xtaxstaterates in the shop configuration.

By the way, Florida isn't the only state with 7% sales tax. North Carolina is also 7% for most of the state, while there is one NC county that charges more. I think there is probably wide variation across all 50 states. However, you should only need to worry about tax rates in different states if you have a store location in multiple states. You only need to charge sales tax in the states that where you have a physical pressence. If the shipping destination is any other state than those where you have stores, then the purchaser is responsible for handling "use tax" in that state. ...at least this is my understanding for my state.

Edited by - greatphoto on August 15 2004 13:26:45
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00