Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Verisign Gateway
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Todd Hodgen
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - August 12 2004 :  22:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am attempting to use the Verisign Gateway for my payments. I would like to remove the intermediate screen that allows a user to select the type of payment and go directly to the Payment system. Currently, Verisignshopcheckout.asp is displayed, and the user can press the credit card submit button and go to the gateway. It seems like a wasted step, although I see all of the variables are collected there for setting up variables for the Verisign page.

Has anyone done this, or anyone have some simple steps to remove this screen. I may be missing something in configuration that does it automatically.

Regards,

Todd Hodgen

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 13 2004 :  04:01:51  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know about the verisign gateway, but we've done the same thing before for paypal, worldpay, and protx gateways because it is a spurious step when you've only got one payment method.

What we did was change the gateway's checkout page to accept another argument to say whether or not the gateway was being called in "invisible" mode, and then we changed the gateway form to only show hidden fields and to auto-submit if that argument was set.

This means that the user doesn't see the gateway page and just jumps from createorder to the actual payment page.

That also has the added benefit that if they do a "cancel" payment then they still have access to the payment-option page on your site (the one that was previously called in "invisible" mode), so the payment-option page can still work as normal when relevant.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

calliope
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - October 03 2004 :  14:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can you please post more details please?
thanks.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 30 2004 :  13:20:08  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's quite an involved process; too complex a change to post on the forum as a lot will depend on what your payment/cart pages currently do and how they look and what your config options are etc.

in our library we've got all the relevant chunks of code that allow you to do this, but they'd need to be pasted into exactly the right places in all the relevant asps, and also that logic would need to be checked/changed to make sure it fits in with how your site works.

Normally I'd post such chunks of code here (or on our own forum), but for something like payment gateways I'm reluctant to do so as I'd be worried that without knowing the context of how people use it they could cause problems by just copying/pasting the code without checking it all first and knowing exactly how it works. Also, different gateways use different/extra fields, so when doing this we'd make sure that all relevant fields are getting taken across to the gateway.

Hence, this'd be something that I think we'd only do as a bespoke change. We'd be happy to do it for you if you want to. My guess is that for any gateway, it'd be roughly a 2 hour job for us to implement/check/change/test the "invisible gateway logic" for you.

As a customer, the following would happen......

On the final order confirmation page, you'd press the [continue] button and get taken straight to the card-entering page of the gateway site (that's how it'd look, but in reality it invisibly goes through your site's gateway page and then auto-submits the relevant values)

If you pressed "cancel" on the card-entering gateway page then you'd get taken to your "press this button to make payment page" (which was previously hidden).

If your transaction fails, then you'd also get sent back to your site's "your payment failed; press here to try again.." page.

If your transaction succeeds, then you'd get sent to your normal shopthanks page.

ps: sorry about the delay in replying; I've been away for a month.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on October 30 2004 13:20:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000