Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Product cost to get cost of goods sold
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MiniMe
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - August 11 2004 :  21:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great to have a field in the products table where the cost price for the product could be entered to generate a cost of goods sold report in Administration for a selected period. This could be similar to the similar to a "Product Report" except cost numbers would be calculated. For us, this would greatly help automate our accounting to let us easily get a cost of goods sold amount.

I'm sure this wouldn't be a big deal for the computer whizzes at Virtual Programming and I think it would add considerable value.

A more sophisticated implementation could be for the software to keep track of product cost changes entered and have an average cost of goods sold figure calculated.

Thanks!

midobu
Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - December 22 2005 :  08:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was about to say the same thing that MiniMe told 1 year ago. I have developed e-commerce myself and my client asked to me implement the "cost report" for their account purpose. It seems this function is not yet implemented to other regular shopping cart products so if VP-ASP can start implementing this, it would be a big step ahead of other competitives?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00