Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Paypal Encrypted Website Payment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - August 11 2004 :  00:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please help me understand....

-I use VPASP Paypal IPN payment gateway
-I use Version 5.0 VPASP
-I don't have ssl but I do have shared SSL.

How do I implement "Paypal Encrypted Website Payment" tool to my website's (VPASP dowloaded IPN Paypal Gateway) Paypal button?

I know how to activate this tool from Paypal since it's pretty much a clear step by step procedure but what I don't understand is that do I have to buy an SSL certificate from companies (for ex. Verisign, Geotrust, etc) to obtain the public certificate that they are talking about for merchants to upload? If so, once I have public certificate(s), do I have to do some programming since I use VPASP paypal coded gateway to implement it or just simply upload this as per Paypal's step by step instruction? How do I take advantage of this feature?

Please, please help! thanks!

More info is on this link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help-ext&eloc=0&loc=1530&source_page=_home&flow=

Edited by - keng on August 11 2004 00:27:02

Edited by - keng on August 11 2004 00:29:53

Edited by - keng on August 11 2004 00:30:53

Edited by - keng on August 11 2004 00:32:19

Edited by - keng on August 11 2004 00:35:19

Edited by - keng on August 11 2004 00:37:11

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - August 11 2004 :  06:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Keng-

I spent some time reading through all the PayPal info at the link you provided (except, you need to remove the "s" from "https" to make the link work). I even read well beyond your link to other info at PayPal. The net result is that I'm not sure.

I'm guessing you may be able to get away with a self-signed certificate for this, but it completely depends on which, if any, certificate authorities PayPal requires or recognizes for Encrypted Website. I couldn't find that listed. Perhaps you can ask them that directly: "Which, if any, Certificate Authorities are recognized by your Encrypted Website feature?" That would tell us a lot. If they say none is required, then you can get away with a self-signed certificate. Otherwise, the list they provide will be very helpful since it will tell you all the possible root-certificate owning CA's from which you can purchase your certificate.

Regarding whether coding will be required on your end, I'm not sure since I haven't looked into the VPASP paypal coded gateway yet. I'm sure someone else here has used it can can help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00