Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 One small update...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dulrr
VP-CART New User

57 Posts

Posted - July 07 2004 :  11:06:57  Show Profile  Visit Dulrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the 5.5 updates are all sounding great, but I have just one teensy little request on how this great cart software could be made even better.

COMMENT THE CODE!

It would be especially nice if a note was made when variables and functions from other pages are used. Dreamweaver has a great ability to search for words in all pages of the site, (not just the page I'm viewing) which has saved me endless time as I've made small tweaks and updates, but not everyone is so lucky!

Maybe I'm just overly cantankerous today, but leaving clues about how all the files are working together would probably save quite a number of headaches as programmers and developers try to mess around with customizations and such.

And since I'm in "grouch" mode anyways, I may as well add that consistant use of proper spelling and grammar in the comments would be nice, too.

[/rant]

~D

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 07 2004 :  16:43:12  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
with my developer hat on, my only extra wish would be to use tabs to indent the code.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Dulrr
VP-CART New User

57 Posts

Posted - August 13 2004 :  08:58:29  Show Profile  Visit Dulrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Something as simple as a list of available functions and the
parameters expected at the beginning of each file would be a huge
improvement. (Something similar to a C++ header in the comments?)
That way, at a glance I can determine if the method I need is in the
file I'm looking in or if I need to look somewhere else.

'shoprandomvpasppage.asp
'subs in this file:
'randomstuff1(catalogid,customerid) 'does stuff
'randomstuff2(price) 'does stuff using the product price, should only be called from the somethingElse sub
'randomstuff3(weather,dresscode,flightdistance) 'Your guess is as good as mine on this one!
'etc... ...

~D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00