General help me questions
 checkout error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - July 03 2004 :  12:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting an error with my shopping cart on the server but not when I test it locally. Basically when I go to checkout and/or view the cart all i see is this:

<form action="shopsearch

If I then refresh the page the error goes away and I get the page I was meant to see. After that everything works fine and I can complete a transaction in full. It seems to happen about 8 in every 10 attempts. I can't figure this one out.

Link is: https://primesound.net/tinytreasures/shopping/shopdisplaycategories.asp

Any help would be much appreciated.

4263 Posts

Posted - July 03 2004 :  14:15:33  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you should take a good look at your shoppage_trailer_htm. It is not valid HTML ending. You may alos wish to view a page and then run it through an HTML validator to see what I mean.

Take a look at the original shoppage_trailer.htm that came wit VP-ASP

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - July 05 2004 :  11:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. I had a look at the trailer and header file and after lots of rebuilding and tweaking the only way I could get though an entire transaction was to work from all the original files and dummy database that came with VP-ASP. I can't really figure out what is causing the problem but what's confusing me even more is the fact that the shop runs perfectly on this server:

but the whole shop uploaded in exactly the same fashion with identical files, roots, etc will bring up the error mentioned in my first thread on this server:

I'm still confused......

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000