Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Add Weight Field To The Projects Payments Feature
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - June 26 2004 :  17:47:57  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am going to start selling on online auctions, mainly ebay. I am going to use the projects payments feature from the option package to have the ebay customers pay using vp-asp checkout.

Currently the feature does not have the functionality to add the weight of the product. I am using the ups realtime lookup to calculate the shipping costs so I need to add the weight to allow the ups realtime to calculate the shipping correctly.

Has anyone done this or know what I need to do to accomplish this?

Thanks In Advance,
Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com

amberm
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - December 30 2005 :  17:11:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly, version 6 is great! The new features, website and layout are a huge improvement.

The main question is has anyone performed any customisation of the Projects facility?

I have been setting it up to meet my requirements but i have hit a wall in that there is no option for a project weight to be added! This would effect my shipping calculator as the customer would only be charged the minimum cost. And i can't add the shipping cost into the project as the customer has different shipping possibilities that the choose upon checkout.

Is it even possible to add a weight field to the project system? I am going to have a look at the "other1" field and see if i can use that as the weight field.

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

amberm
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - December 31 2005 :  20:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked it out using the other1 field as the weight field.
Go to Top of Page

amberm
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - December 31 2005 :  20:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably a simpler way of using the project facility would be to also have a catalog id field as opposed to using the static project catalog id. This would for me in any case eliminate the need to work out prices and weights of an order.

Rather you simply enter the catalog id numbers of an order and email the customer. This would serve well for people selling on eBay and wanting to use their own checkout facility through their website. The added benefit is customers can also browse your site and add products to their original eBay order. And the need for PayPal is eliminated as customers go through your merchant account!

I will see if i can change the project facility to accept catalog id numbers to replace weight and price fields.

Another feature that would be good is that when you create a project it gets automatically emailed to the cusotmer. At the present time you have to go back and email the project through which is annoying.

Tom

Edited by - amberm on December 31 2005 20:29:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00