Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Product Code into Merchant Notification email
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - June 24 2004 :  06:00:49  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How can I include the Products Code [ccode] taken from the Products table into the Merchant's Notification email.

I can't seem to do this as the template only works on one record at a time, and the Product Code isn't held in the Orders table

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 24 2004 :  16:44:17  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In The Shop Configuration set
xcartfields=ccode,cname,cdescription

The values in the cart flow throughout the order including emails

Vp-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - June 29 2004 :  14:13:53  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've done that, but I get the error "Field ccode not in database" on shopthanks.asp and the field is not available in emails.

Can you advise?

Go to Top of Page

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - June 30 2004 :  02:42:01  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have an entry for all ccode fields in your product table?

Thanks,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net
Go to Top of Page

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - July 01 2004 :  08:54:09  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ther are about 3 Products that dont have a Product Code. I don't understand why this should show that ccode is an invalid field.

Products that have been selecetd in testing ALL have Product codes, but the error gets displayed each time and is not available in emails.

Any further thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - July 02 2004 :  08:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the earlier suggestion to include ccode in xcartfields was meant to ensure that the product code appears as part of the item description in the order details part of the e-mail.

Where do you want to use the ccode field in your e-mail?

Go to Top of Page

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - July 02 2004 :  09:38:04  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lynch,

I simply want ccode to appear in the Product Details for both the Customer and Merchant Notification.

Go to Top of Page

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - July 06 2004 :  08:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I simply want ccode to appear in the Product Details for both the Customer and Merchant Notification.

Then including ccode in the list of cart fields should do the trick. I use "ccode,cname" as my xcartfields value, and I get the ccode in my e-mails.

Go to Top of Page

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - July 06 2004 :  09:52:30  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi lynch,

I've already tried to include ccode in my xcartfields, but get the error "Field ccode not in database" on shopthanks.asp

I've also posted a bug on the Problems and Bugs forum and Support advise that ccode cannot be used in Templates!!

Go to Top of Page

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - July 07 2004 :  08:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've already tried to include ccode in my xcartfields, but get the error "Field ccode not in database" on shopthanks.asp

I've also posted a bug on the Problems and Bugs forum and Support advise that ccode cannot be used in Templates!!

My temp_merchantemail.htm uses the ADD_Oitems routine to build the table with the order details. The fields listed in xcartfields are used to build the oitems.itemname field, which is displayed in that table. The shopthanks.asp file is called in the contaxt of the order, so you can only use fields from the orders table directly in your template.

You can't use the ccode field directly in those e-mail templates, but the information is included in oitems.itemname. You can use ccode in templates for shopexd.asp, because that file is called in the context of a single item.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00