Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Shopping Cart - Change Static Text and Fields
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kwaidhofer
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - June 21 2004 :  13:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I would like to be able to change the static text (information text) on each page of the shopping cart. I would also like to be able to move or remove fields on these pages. It appears that the changes must be made through shop$colors.asp. However, I do not see a place to enter the text that I want or a way in which to remove or move fields.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - June 21 2004 :  15:03:10  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

You can edit those text bits through the admin control panel, under the languages settings. From the main panel, choose "Languages" >> "Edit Language" >> then choose to edit, search for, or add a record on the page you are taken to.

Once you have made the changes you would like to make, be sure to reload the shop configuration (from Main panel: "Configure Shopping Cart" >> then click the "Reload Shop Configuration" link towards the top) to apply all your changes to the session and application variables in the cart.

To move fields around is not quite as easy. In most cases you will need to go in and change some of the code for the particular page at hand. Fonts, styles, border, colors, and other such formatting is all handled in the shop$colors.asp file though.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: