Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Can everyone view html emails?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Goalie35
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - June 18 2004 :  13:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys.
Just a quick question. If I create html emails, will all recipients be able to view them? What happens if their email server doesn't support html within their email? Will they still at least be able to view the text within the html?

Thanks in advance.

-Goalie35

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - June 18 2004 :  19:52:37  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Goalie,

I don't think its so much a matter of whether the server supports it or not, but whether the mail client (Outlook, etc.) supports it or not. Not to mention, how the mail client decides to render it as well.

If HTML formatting is not supported, that typically eqautes to the e-mail just being displayed as a big chunck of code rather than the client software rendering it as it should. Webmail systems also sometimes jumble HTML e-mails up. Those are just a few things to be aware of.

Overall, I'd say HTML is the way to go if you want and/or to deliver content with images, different fonts and colors, etc. If not, and you can manage with just delivering the content without the stylization, the text format is the way to go since you have a smaller chance of someone not being able to read it that way.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: