Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Making product features dynamic?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dulrr
VP-CART New User

57 Posts

Posted - June 17 2004 :  08:48:17  Show Profile  Visit Dulrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi! Just wondering if there is any (easy) way to make products with two or more features be dependant on each other. For example, a t-shirt available in small, medium and large sizes might come in red, green or blue - except for Large, which doesn't come in green. Alright, a simplified version of what's happening, (we sell scientific equipment, not T's!) but that's the idea

So, what I want to do is:

Select feature 1 - determines price
Select feature 2 - different pressure ranges are allowed depending on choice of the first feature: Options available will change any time choice of feature 1 changes

So, before I go mucking around in the cart code, has anybody out there tried this before? Any suggestions on the best way to do it? ("Yeah, here's my suggestion - FORGET IT!"?) What changes to the code would have to be made, and where? (Is it even possible to do this without screwing up product features in the rest of the cart?)

Worst case scenario I suppose we have paragraphs of descriptions telling customers which values are legal for which versions and hope that people are smart enough to read, but mistakes would be made...

"Why not have seperate products for each version?" you ask? Grrst, I wish it could be that easy! Orders usually include 3 of instrument type A, but at ranges B, C and E and two of instrument type C at range X - a single product entry for each version would require ordering the same product multiple times and listing every possible combination would be a LOT of redundant product listings!

"Just list the versions and make the second version 'multiple,' ya fu!" Wish we could, but if two instruments are ordered at three ranges, what then? And if I want four of instrument B, two at range A, one at C and one at E, how do I make that clear?

Any proposed solutions welcomed

~D

Edited by - Dulrr on June 17 2004 08:50:16

Dulrr
VP-CART New User

57 Posts

Posted - June 29 2004 :  15:35:20  Show Profile  Visit Dulrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, we've managed to work our way around this problem. I assume that the lack of response and ideas means that our compromise is probably the best we could do! Happy programming, all!

~D
Go to Top of Page

borisvel
Starting Member

Slovenia
47 Posts

Posted - February 02 2011 :  06:00:33  Show Profile  Visit borisvel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

i have the same problem. Could you tell me what have you done?

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Boris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00