Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Help with static html
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Goalie35
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - June 08 2004 :  08:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're trying to include a dynamic navigational bar onto our site which includes placing it onto our static html, item description pages(the pages generated using the "tmp_generate.htm" page.
The problem, as I said is our client wants to be able to alter their category navigational links simply through the use of the administration section rather than hiring someone to change their "tmp_generate.htm" page every time they want to change a category link.
So in other words, they want to be able to add a new category through administration, then go to "create static html", simply click the generate button, and all of the new category links will be generated on each item description html page.
Is there any possible way to go about doing this? Can I include a seperate file which would generate all of the html for the nav bar dynamically and then pass that into the "tmp_generate.htm" file?
I would GREATLY appreciate any help as this has become our greatest obstacle to finishing this website.
Thanks in advance.

-Goalie35

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 08 2004 :  10:31:48  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we've done that on some of our sites' static pages; it just involved changing the shopa_generatehtml.asp in the following functions:
WriteIndexHeader
Writeoutputfile

change those functions to get the categories from your database and output the relevant html using the Writeline function

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)