Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stuartrobertson
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - June 03 2004 :  14:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
could somebody explain the following, please:

1. why does the continue button appear twice on the shopcustomer.asp page?

2. why can't I remove one of these buttons? (xbuttoncontinue appears only once in the code and if I remove this slice of code both buttons disappear!)

3. why is ap.asp so un-user friendly? if the whole point of designing this program was to make it a total pain in the rear end for anyone to use then it has been a total success.

any help would be great.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 03 2004 :  14:57:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The shopcustomer.asp page can get long if all options are selected. If a person logs in, by having a button at the top, they do not have to scroll to the bottom of the page in order to continue.

Yes you can delete one of the buttons

We are always looking for suggestions. Please feel free to write to us with specific issues on usability.

Thanks

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page

eabrams
VP-CART New User

USA
72 Posts

Posted - June 03 2004 :  15:39:23  Show Profile  Visit eabrams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
once you get to know the code things like this are can be customized with ease. There are a bunch of people on the board that can give you a hand for free and dependig on the scope of work for a fee..

go to www.spws.net for my email.
Go to Top of Page

stuartrobertson
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - June 04 2004 :  02:29:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"The shopcustomer.asp page can get long if all options are selected. If a person logs in, by having a button at the top, they do not have to scroll to the bottom of the page in order to continue". -

Understood, but if you have the license agreement option enabled which is displayed at the bottom of the page next to the second continue button then a customer choosing to click the "convenient" top continue button will be told they can't continue until they check the license agreement which is, of course, at the bottom of the page! seems a touch clumsy....

"Yes you can delete one of the buttons" - how?

Go to Top of Page

eabrams
VP-CART New User

USA
72 Posts

Posted - June 04 2004 :  06:01:16  Show Profile  Visit eabrams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In shopcustomer.asp look for addSubmitButton

Sub DisplayForm()
Response.Write("<blockquote>")
AddLogin ' User login form
Response.Write("<form name=shipping method=Post action=shopcustomer.asp>")
If GetSess("Login")<>"" and GetSess("Lastname")<>"" then
addSubmitButton
end if

go to www.spws.net for my email.
Go to Top of Page

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - April 13 2006 :  07:12:20  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tend to agree and this is the reason that I came searching for this thread. However, rather than remove one of the submit buttons, I would much rather place my license agreement at the top so it's one of the first things they see.
Unfortunately pirating our digital files has become commonplace for some and when confronted, they always come back with, "Well, I didn't know!"
Yeah right - but anyway, at least in this instance we will be able to say, yes you did, you clicked that you read the terms. I would just like it a little more "in your face" then hiding way down at the bottom of the page.

I'm very new to asp, so if you could help me with what code I need to move and where to stick it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lianne

Partner/Designer: www.3Scrapateers.com
Digital Scrapbooking - Preserve your Memories!
Go to Top of Page

shellqc
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  20:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by femsawyer

I tend to agree and this is the reason that I came searching for this thread. However, rather than remove one of the submit buttons, I would much rather place my license agreement at the top so it's one of the first things they see.
Unfortunately pirating our digital files has become commonplace for some and when confronted, they always come back with, "Well, I didn't know!"
Yeah right - but anyway, at least in this instance we will be able to say, yes you did, you clicked that you read the terms. I would just like it a little more "in your face" then hiding way down at the bottom of the page.

I'm very new to asp, so if you could help me with what code I need to move and where to stick it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lianne

Partner/Designer: www.3Scrapateers.com
Digital Scrapbooking - Preserve your Memories!

Hi Lianne

Sorry to say I don't know how to do what I'm about to suggest, but maybe someone will be nice enough to post how to do it.

I know this is different but the coding can be the same once you find the right place for it. When you create product features you can force it to require customers to pick a color or size etc before they can move on. You do this by going to setup/products1 and changing the value for xfeaturesrequired to yes. I know it's not the same as your situation but I do know that in coding, no matter what language you use, you have the option to make a field, text box, button what have you required. Like I said it can be done, unfortanately I don't know how or at least not yet anyway. I'm in the process of setting up my own cart so I don't have time to try to figure it out.

I'm sure someone out there knows how to do this please offer some help on this.

I'm very surprised at the forum questions and lack of user responses. Most open source sites have tons of users helping each other for instance look at www.oscommerce.com it's almost the same software. The user to user support is very impressive.

I'll be buying some ASP books myself, I'm a small company and I don't have extra funds to keep forking out to developers.

Thanks!

Shell
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  01:41:12  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oscommerce is PHP
= scary stuff with wierd databases
ASP is the way... Dot Net is even better
Soap down and C##

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  05:24:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

To add the license agreement below the continue button at the top of the page, you will need to edit your shopcustomer.asp file.

Locate approximately line 103

If GetSess("Login")<>"" and GetSess("Lastname")<>"" then
addSubmitButton
end if

directly below this add

addlicense

This will now have added the license checkbox below the continue button.

Thanks

Dean
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00