Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Shipping from multiple vendors per order
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Agravane
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  23:24:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We ship directly from our suppliers. So when an order is made each supplier gets an email with their items ordered and they ship them out.

We use UPS real time.

Current shipping support in vpasp allows us to process the shipping calculation on entire order or per item ordered.

If we use shiping calc based on entire order we loose money as the calculation is assuming the order is being delivered from 1 address (one delivery truck). But in actuality it could be coming from 10 addresses.

If we use shiping calculation per item it assumes each item is being shipped seperately. But some items may be comeing from the same supplier. Example customer buys 2 notebooks from same supplier, it would calculate shipping twice, one for each notbook instead of grouping them as one order.

What we need to be able to do is group ordered items by supplier then calcuate the cost of shipping for each "group".

So if customer buys 5 products and they come from three different suppliers it would group them like so.

Item 1 and 3 come from same vendor so they are added and calcuated as one order.

Item 2 and 4 are from same vendor so they are added and calculated as one order

item 5 from vendor number 3 so it is calculated by itseld as one order

all three calculations are added for total shipping charge.

Maybe there is a simple solution that I am just not seeing, but if not could somone reply who may have faced same issue? If support reads this, is this something that could be customized?

Edited by - Agravane on May 31 2004 23:25:08

Edited by - Agravane on May 31 2004 23:25:59

Edited by - Agravane on May 31 2004 23:26:18

Agravane
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - June 01 2004 :  21:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nevermind I coded it myself.

Go to Top of Page

Comicozzi
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - April 11 2005 :  19:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have the code available? Reimbursement would be provided. I need to be able to do the exact same thing you have coded yourself.

Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - December 09 2006 :  04:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings everyone,

I am in the same position, has anyone come up with a solution for this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks in adavance

rustytec
Go to Top of Page

awdesign
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - February 23 2009 :  17:21:54  Show Profile  Visit awdesign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have the code available? Reimbursement would be provided. I need to be able to do the exact same thing you have coded yourself.

Edited by - awdesign on February 23 2009 17:22:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00