Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Howard- Cam Help with customized output please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 25 2004 :  22:50:04  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hi Cam and Howard,

I just signed up with Deep Metrix tracking and one of the things that I have to do is update the html output of when someone adds to cart with the following code

<script language="JavaScript"><!--
AddCart("product", "quantity", "base cost");
//--></script>

Here are the instructions that I was given:

you will need to add two small javascript functions. The first function needs to be added once for every product that is added. This function supplies the Product name, quantity and base cost of the customers order.

As this information is normally automatically built into a "Your shopping cart" table, we suggest modifying the existing code to also print out the following lines into the html source.

AddCart("product", "quantity", "base cost");
//--></script>

For example, if a visitor orders 5 copies of Product 1, which cost 100 dollars per each item, and 1 copy of Product 2 at 25 dollars per product, your existing code would need to add the following to the html source.

AddCart("Product 1", "5", "100");
//--></script>
AddCart("Product 2", "1", "25");
//--></script>

Finally, at the bottom of the page, after any AddCart items have been added, a final snippet of code needs to be added.

UpdateCart();
//--></script>

Note: All of our code needs to be put in exactly as typed above. Any changes may result in inaccurate statistics.

Where exactly do I insert this into your code. I am currently working with 4.50

Thanks in advance.

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 26 2004 :  09:50:34  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

nevermind guys
Deep Metrix does not provide pathway analysis which is what is needed for the shopping cart. I cancelled them.

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00