Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Integrating US version of site with Euro version
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PhoenixA
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - May 20 2004 :  08:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

At the moment i have my site split in two, one for US customers and one for European customers with two separate databases and vpasp 5 but i don't really have time to keep both updated and since 70% of the products are the same for both I'm thinking of integrating the US one into the Euro one. The problem is the US prices would be completely different which shouldn't be a big deal as I'm sure i can save them in say price 2 and price 3 but i need to have certain products displayed only to US customers, some displayed to only European customers and some displayed to both. I could use the Match product or Match Customer fields but as far as i know i can only have 1 word in these which would mean it could only be one of them but sometimes it would be both plus i don't want to have to have the customer login just to browse my site.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the best way to do this, if it can be done at all. Also how would i tell the cart that if its a US customer to use the price in field: Price 2 and how would it know which customer it is without the customer logging in?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 24 2004 :  13:00:32  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I guess it depends on how different the US/Euro pages are and how different the data is. Also, whether the US/Euro issue relates to the customer address, the shipping address, or just the currency.

You could do something similar to what we've done on our site with the ccy poplist but using a country poplist instead (and/or flag images), see:
http://bigyellowzone.com

That logic doesn't require you to be logged-in; you just change the poplist whenever you want and the site automatically returns to the same page but using the new ccy instead.

But, like I say, it depends on which aspect of the cart you're talking about when it comes to US or Euro.

Simon Barnaby
Freelance Developer
Java-E UK
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

PhoenixA
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - May 25 2004 :  09:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon, i did actually do something like that using an add-on we got from yourvirtualstore which is working great. We have almost everything completely finished now but I'm having one problem. For our US cart we need to change shopproductfeaturesgenerate.asp so instead of looking to FeaturePrice for the feature price it will look to the field "Other Fields" which i believe the cart refers to as featureother so i tried just replacing FeaturePrice with FeatureOther but its telling me that curfeatureother is undefined? Anyone any suggestions as to how i can get the cart to look to field "Other Fields" instead of "Feature Price"??
Thanks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00