Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Html generated pages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alan-bookman
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - May 19 2004 :  22:56:19  Show Profile  Visit alan-bookman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have another issue with the html generated pages that I need a fix for.

First let me say that the reason I started doing this is while looking at my logs for the last few weeks I have noticed between 10-15 hit from google per day to the html generated pages but the potential customers were not going any further than that page because they look crappy.

So the first thing I did was redo the template so it would look like a nicer page.

Then while re-generating the pages the process takes too long so the server times out befor it is done. I know many people here have many more products than I do but i have about 7500 products and the most I can get it to generate is 5800 befor it times out.

The fix I am looking for would cure two problems. 1 being the timed out server issue and 2. I don't want to regenerate all of the pages just because I added a couple hundred new products. So does anyone have a fix that would let you generate only the page from a selected products id range?

Thanks

Alan
http://www.bookjobber.com

jsbeads
Starting Member

USA
39 Posts

Posted - May 20 2004 :  06:39:48  Show Profile  Visit jsbeads's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could generate them on you local PC then upload them -- This is what I do.

You could also call up the page / productt that you want and use you browser to save it as an html file. Upload it and add you link.

If you want you could use a product like asptear or go to google and look at screen scraping in asp. Then write your own code.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00