Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Strip HTML For Froogle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - May 24 2004 :  18:46:31  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just heard back from froogle.

They have approved my first froogle feed.

My products should be listed on froogle within the next few days!!

Brian Weber

Go to Top of Page

revrat
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - May 24 2004 :  21:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My feed was finally approved as well and loaded. Many thanks to Simon for explaining how to change the script to use my extended descriptions and strip the HTML as well as truncate the descriptions to the maximum length.

We ran into a little problem with my server not being able to handle the script and he made some changes to the script and and it worked perfectly.

Now lets see if I start selling more CD's

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 26 2004 :  18:15:11  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

WOW! Simon went way out of the way. He made a phenomenal amount of modifications to his script just to appease our website and the screwed up way that it was made... lol

This Froogle Feeder is awesome. To think I was going to spend $150.00 on the froogle feeder software that you have to manually put each product in.

What an amazing piece of code. Great Job Simon. Anybody that wants to be in Froogle you should be asking yourself why haven't you bought this yet and then bend over and kick yourself for not reading this post sooner.

Thanks for everything Simon.

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net
Go to Top of Page

bigyellowbox
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  02:11:48  Show Profile  Visit bigyellowbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The even better news is that we are working on feeds for shopping.com, Yahoo! and ebay (amongst many other things). Please do come to our site (www.bigyellowzone.com) and tell us what you want to see as priority items by making a post on our forum www.bigyellowzone.com/forum/

www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - June 04 2004 :  15:00:45  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

When you get those working... let us know... post it in the forum that they are ready. As soon as you think that you have one that will work for our website as well... lol

Thanks again for all of the customization.

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 17 2004 :  20:25:56  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we've now created a yahoo feed for VPASP:

see:
http://www.vpcart.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2935

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?product=yahoo

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic