Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 PayFlowPro & CSC Codes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

japes
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - May 03 2004 :  10:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still in testing mode but my testing of the PayFlowPro implementation has been fantastic thanks to all the folks in this forum.
One security measure I am planning on implementing is CSC.

The Card Security Code (CSC) is usually a 3 - or 4 - digit number, which is not part of the credit card number. The CSC is typically printed on the back of a credit card (usually in the signature field).

On some cards, all or part of the card number appears before the CSC, for example, 1234 567. In this example, 1234 are the last four digits of the credit card number, and 567 is the CSC.
--VeriSign ( http://www.verisign.com/support/payflow/manager/selfHelp/pflCSCConfig.html )

My question is this, has anyone implemented these 3 letter codes with the PFP-VPASP code?
And if these codes did not match, successfully bring back the error codes?

thanks

JP Chalpin

GTM
VP-CART New User

USA
122 Posts

Posted - May 04 2004 :  04:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not used it with PFP gateway provider but it is pretty much the same with all the gateways. You need to make sure that your gateway provider will accept the cvn or avs check value when it is passed. The error codes you might receive in your account with your gateway provider will be different than what is displayed to the customer. VPASP will show a decline if the card verification number is incorrect.

Greg

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00