Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 seperating "live store" with "development work"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

imelda
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - March 14 2002 :  03:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi:

Since I'm using Unix hosting with Chilisoft ASP, I often have chilisoft cache problems, which usually sorted out in 24 hours, so I'm thinking of separating "development work" with the "live store".

Currently the "live store" is at "shopping" directory. Is it possible if I create a new directory for my development work by copying all files into this new directory? AND only transfer it back to "shopping" directory once the cache problem sorted out?

Please advise.

thanks,
imelda.

The Ring Lord
Starting Member

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - November 06 2003 :  04:26:33  Show Profile  Visit The Ring Lord's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After screwing up my live store during testing I thought this seemed like a good idea but... it didn't work.

When I use a new shop ID and configuration 1, I get an error message telling me I need to register my software. I'm using the same order number and key as my live version and I'm on the same domain just a different directorty.

I tryed with the same shopID and configuration .. it worked but config changed in the test version changed the live version (no big suprise).

Guess I'll try same shop ID but using configuration 1...

Any suggestions

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00