Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - April 05 2004 :  19:12:47  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys -

Currently my shipping is set up as follows:

Order Total less than $55.00: $5.50 shipping
Order Total more than $55.00: free shipping.

One thing I'd like to do is that instead of just deleting the shipping line from the final invoice screen is to show it as "FREE" or something. It's not just a cosmetic change either, as we have a lot of enquiries asking how much the postage is going to be on the order they have just placed.

The other thing I'd like to do is have it read "TBA" for international orders, as we currently calculate postage for these seperately before sending. The current system just displays the postage the same as for domestic Australian orders. The catch is, I'd like it to do this automatically, reading the country from the shipping address. Also, I don't want to have a shipping dropdown.

Anyone else solved a similar problem?

Regards,

Justin

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - April 22 2004 :  07:05:02  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I managed to solve this eventually, by editing two routines in each of shopformatorder and shopcartformat. I don't quite understand why the logic in the latter file isn't called from the former, or vice-versa. I think it has something to do with how calling the file from different places requires the data to be read from different places. Though I think even this logic could be moved to the beginning of shopformatorder, and then have shopcartformat call fuctions from shopformatorder. Maybe something for a later release...

Anyway, I think this fuctionality (optional words in the shipping field) is something I'd like to see in a later release.

JL

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00