Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 More v5.5 ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

uksports
Starting Member

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - April 02 2004 :  04:23:24  Show Profile  Visit uksports's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. Resend customer confirmation e-mail: some customers make a mistake entering their e-mail address so they don't receive a confirmation e-mail - it would be good to have a one shot facility to resend the order confirmation once the e-mail address has been corrected

2. One shot update stock from order - I know VPASP can automatically decrement stock on order, but we have many frauds so have to do stock control manually - it would be good to have an option from the order display to adjust stock for the item(s) ordered

3. Using country based shipping, if the customer chooses the wrong combination of shipping type/country, the cart just puts up an error but still accepts the order - it would be better to redirect the customer back to shopcustomer to re-enter shipping information with an explanatory error message

4. Different order confirmation e-mail template depending on the payment type used

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 02 2004 :  16:45:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. The Order tracking allows you do to one shot emails

2. VP-ASP 5.50 will have stock restore facility for the merchant

3. Country based shipping is already in 5.0 if you decide to use it. It does not depend on customer picking the country

4. Payment type template confirmations are not planned.

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page

uksports
Starting Member

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - April 03 2004 :  04:14:49  Show Profile  Visit uksports's Homepage  Reply with Quote
>>1. The Order tracking allows you do to one shot emails

I know, but if you need to resend the confirmation e-mail, you would have to do so manually by looking up the information - what would be nice would be the facility to resend the e-mail automatically as formatted by shopthanks.asp using the database information for the sale

>>2. VP-ASP 5.50 will have stock restore facility for the merchant

Excellent

>>3. Country based shipping is already in 5.0 if you decide to use it. It does not depend on customer picking the country

That's not quite the point - if, for instance,I use country based shipping and I have free shipping that only applies to the UK, but someone from Australia selects it, the cart continues to shopcreate order and puts up an error but will still accept the order and go to shopcheckout - what I am saying is that it should not accept the order, but go back to shopcustomer and present an error message explaining that they have selected an incorrect shipping method

>>4. Payment type template confirmations are not planned

Shame, it would very useful

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00