Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Need to products then calculate price
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

owenr1
Starting Member

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - March 31 2004 :  04:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi all,

Is it possible to have VP-ASP list a product without a price and at checkout time be able to select from a list of product options for each item that will then calculate the price based on certain criteria.

the intended use is for listing photographic images, the customer would add several items to the cart while browsing, then at the view cart or checkout stage, select the use, size, and circulation of the image.

For example an image will be priced depending on what the intended use is.

(1) Electronic (website, e-news, e-book)
and if for general home use, web page, commercial ect; also if circulation < or > 50,000 for example.

(2) Print (Mag, Book, Newspaper)
and the size required (1,2,3,4 ) and the circulation ( <20,000 , 20,000-50,000 ect;)

Previously I have used VP-ASP5 to develop a site for a client and works fine for a product that can be listed with a price but this client would like to allow customers to select first and set the price later.

I guess the question is can VP-ASP 5 with the option pack or with mods do the job, or will I need to find another cart?

My preference is to stay with VP-ASP and modify the code if it can be done without too much difficulty.
Has anyone had to do this or similar? any suggestions?

Thanks...

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00