Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 easy questions to modify shopdisplayproducts.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whatever
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - March 21 2004 :  18:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if u use the template tmp_productformat.htm and create a simple page, see http://www.dj-world.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=12&cat=breaks that has 2 rows, top shows the captions of a product, ie: artist, title, etc. but the row underneath that will show theinof pulled form the db and would be [cname], etc, etc.

the issue im having is that it displays the captions row on for every product, see the above page for example. i only wantthe captions row displayed once. can anyone help onthis?

thanks in advance if u can

atari
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - March 22 2004 :  13:04:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't want to have the captions as part of tmp_productformat
the captions are drawn from a different file.

On the top of tmp_productformat is reads [add pageheader] or soemthing of the sort. The captions are part of that. That way they will only have the captions on the top of every page.

Go to Top of Page

whatever3
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - March 24 2004 :  21:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, heres what i want to do.

i will have about 50 diff cats and every cat will be displayed differently. i need a way using tmp templates to display and add in what ever captions i want for each cat. is this poss? what files,lines would i change?

thanks in advance to anyone who can stop me banging my head against the wall onthis one!!

whatever2&3

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - April 06 2004 :  22:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Whatever3!

I'm not certain of what you are asking for, but I'll give it a shot:

Are you asking for a way to add text or pictures at the top of each category? An example would be an introduction to your "breaks" music at the top of the link you supplied? If so, I can tell you how to do this....its pretty simple, but its not documented all that clearly.

Are you also asking how to add customized text to the top of category subcategory pages such as the following one? http://www.dj-world.com/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=13&cat=%3E+all+vinyl

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00