Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Forum does not retain text
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  18:38:40  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Okay guys, I just filled out a whole bunch of text and forgot to post a subject in one of the forums and it brought me to an error page that stated I needed to post a subject for the forum and provided me a link to click to go back and correct the problem. However; when you click this link it does not retain all of the text that you just wrote... And if you click the back button hoping that it is in cache it is not there. I thought you should know.

Hope it helps.

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  19:00:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This forum is the Snitz forum which we did not write.

It is a widely used forum and seems to meet our requirement for a general discussion group.

I appreciate your comments. Unfortunately we do not the resources to investigate the coding internals of this software or to fix its possible bugs.

I do appreciate your comments but they may not be resolved with the same speed that we support our own VP-ASP Software.

Thanks

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  20:42:56  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ahhhh okay howard... Where is the website for this forum and I will write them with any bugs that I find as well as what version are you using because the bugs may have been solved with the latest version. That is the first thing they are going to ask me.

Wayne
Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  23:20:00  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
forum software makers url is
http://forum.snitz.com
Version 3.3.03
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

GTM
VP-CART New User

USA
122 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  23:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have lost text a couple of times regarding the cache problem in this forum and other forums but what I do is copy the text in the event this does happen. This does not resolve the overall problem. It's like putting a bandaid on a broken arm.

Greg

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 03 2004 :  01:54:42  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I used to do that as well a couple of years ago when all of the forums did this however I thought they solved this problem when they programmed it. It is good programming practice to store everything that someone types into an array or variable to recall it later. Kind of like these guys have here in the VPASP shopping cart. They do have an upgrade that claims they have fixed the small bugs like this. They do not mention that specific bug however; they do mention bugs in general.

Wayne
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00